Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38,620 Posts
No scheduled paperback release for Cuomo's memoir

Posted on August 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm by Casey Seiler

"All Things Possible: Setbacks and Success in Politics and Life," Andrew Cuomo Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2014, in Colonie, N.Y. (Will Waldron/Times Union)

The publisher HarperCollins, a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. that has already paid Gov. Andrew Cuomo $565,000 for his memoir "All Things Possible: Setbacks and Success in Politics and Life," has not yet scheduled a paperback release for the book.

Asked if there was a paperback release date for "All Things Possible" and whether that edition would contain new material, Tina Andreadis of HarperCollins was brief: "Nothing yet" was the entirety of her reply.

"All Things Possible" was released in October 2014, just a few weeks before Cuomo won re-election. While reviews were respectable, initial sales were slow, as were sales in the months that followed. In April, Nielsen BookScan reported that the book - which HarperCollins had said would be released with an initial print run of 200,000 copies - had finally managed to crack 3,000 units sold.

Cuomo and others have noted that the marketing push behind the book was hobbled by a variety of factors - public and private, predictable and unexpected - beginning with its release in the climax of campaign season and his father's declining health.

In December, just week's before former Gov. Mario Cuomo's death, the governor said he was proud of the book and hoped to do more to promote it in the months ahead.

"The experts say to me, 'It's fairly simple: You want to sell books, you have to sell books,' and you have to do the book tours. … You can't sell the book unless you do the publicity," Cuomo said.

The months ahead, however, provided no relief: The death of Mario Cuomo delayed the start of the legislative session and budget season; the governor's partner Sandra Lee received her breast cancer diagnosis in late March just as the budget was being settled.

After Cuomo's most recent tax returns were released in April, the Washington Post calculated Cuomo had made $188 per copy sold to that point.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/239899/no-scheduled-paperback-release-for-cuomos-memoir/

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,978 Posts

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
It will be popular in Ossining.

Reactions: Tonto

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
why is he writing memoirs about his accomplishments when he has not achieved any yet? he is still not out of office to celebrate it and look back on what he has done lol
I believe books are the new way to get money to crooked politicians.
Obama wrote a book when he wasn't even a community organizer.
" Dreams of my father the dead beat that knocked up my drugged out, hippie promiscuous mother and went back to Africa leaving me to be raised by my white cracker grandmother."

It was written just before he started his run for State Senate.
Andy was in government for a while, and had some experiences.
Obama's book was published before he did anything and only dealt with his life up to entering law school!
Who the heck would care?
Forget politics. Seriously, who would care about a autobiography of basically a college undergraduate with no experience?
There's obviously some other reason that these books get published.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
why is he writing memoirs about his accomplishments when he has not achieved any yet? he is still not out of office to celebrate it and look back on what he has done lol
He's getting ready for his Nobel Peace Prize. It's all the rage with non-achievers!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I've always been strongly opposed to the idea of book burning. Until now. I'm actually tempted to go buy a copy just to watch it burn, but the good news is I wouldn't even be able to find a place that carries it since the sales were such an epic failure. Like his governorship.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The paperback title should be changed to: "Is it hot down there, dad?"

Reactions: Mad Russian
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.