Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why Midway wouldn't deliver beretta magazines to a Brooklyn address but no problem to a nassau county address? I had to order them for a friend because they would not send them to brooklyn due to the safe act.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Anyone know why Midway wouldn't deliver beretta magazines to a Brooklyn address but no problem to a nassau county address? I had to order them for a friend because they would not send them to brooklyn due to the safe act.
I can't swear for the laws in NYC, but many vendors will not sell to NYS. Not due to any law, but purely a corporate decision. For example… vendors like Cabelas will not sell ammo to me in Nassau. I don't mean directly, I mean through an FFL as per the law.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I can't swear for the laws in NYC, but many vendors will not sell to NYS. Not due to any law, but purely a corporate decision. For example… vendors like Cabelas will not sell ammo to me in Nassau. I don't mean directly, I mean through an FFL as per the law.
Yup, just like Buds selling to Suffolk and not to Nassau. That really burns me up!

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
NYC laws regarding firearms and parts and supplies are stupid to say the least. They are also, I am told, not very clear. Add unSAFE act to it, and the whole thing is so messed up that many companies choose to lose customers over trying to decipher the laws. It is what it is....and yes, it sucks.

Reactions: llaara

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I saw that a few companies wouldn't mail ammo to NY but found a good deal with one that would... I think some of them don't fully comprehend the law so they play it SAFE...

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Yes I saw that a few companies wouldn't mail ammo to NY but found a good deal with one that would... I think some of them don't fully comprehend the law so they play it SAFE...
I'm not sure if it's that. For years Cabelas painted NYS with a broad brush on certain items. Like I said. They wouldn't sell ammo even with an FFL receiving the shipment.
There's a list somewhere on LIF of vendors that will sell to us.

Years ago Cabelas would not sell pellet guns (pistols) to me by internet. I called NCPD where I got my permit and asked if there were any legal restrictions. The police said "none".
I got back to Cabelas and they could care less. No deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.