Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in PA this weekend near the Lancaster area so I stopped in at the local sheriffs dept. They were very friendly and I handed the lady my Suffolk sportsman license and ID. She gave me the paperwork to fill out. Started filling it out and before I could finish one of the sheriffs came out and told me he could only offer me a PA sportsman license. They would not issue a full carry unless the license said "carry" on it which mine only says "sportsman". I declined and said thank you.

I will take the trip to centre county in a few months do it there.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I was in PA this weekend near the Lancaster area so I stopped in at the local sheriffs dept. They were very friendly and I handed the lady my Suffolk sportsman license and ID. She gave me the paperwork to fill out. Started filling it out and before I could finish one of the sheriffs came out and told me he could only offer me a PA sportsman license. They would not issue a full carry unless the license said "carry" on it which mine only says "sportsman". I declined and said thank you.

Our gun rights should not be regulated by zip code. Boils my blood. Thanks to idiots like cuomo, we are second class citizens.

·
Registered
11,545 Posts

A few of the bordering counties have an agreement to issue a pistol license. It only applies to residents of the counties.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Go to centre county you should not have a problem call first the lady's are nice.

Reactions: liseverewx

·
Registered
11,545 Posts
Scranton is closer. They issue non resident, but check if your Sportsman permit is OK.
Lackawanna County Sheriff's Office did issue a LTC non resident like Centre County in 20 minutes.
The Sheriff has stopped issuing to restricted out of state pistol license holders. Scranton was half the distance of Centre County.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts