Long Island Shooters Forum banner

NJ state trooper found more than $783,000 in car

988 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  bkjohn 
#1 ·
Good police work.......nice feather in the cap for the officer.

Two Bronx men facing charges after NJ state trooper found more than $783,000 in car during traffic stop
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Last Updated: 8:05 AM, April 25, 2012

FORT LEE, N.J. - Two men from New York face charges after a New Jersey state trooper found more than $783,000 in their vehicle during a traffic stop.

State Police say the trooper stopped the SUV because it was driving erratically on Interstate 95 in Fort Lee.

The trooper found the money in a box and a hydraulically-operated compartment hidden in the vehicle.

Franklin Delacruz and Jose Tremillo-Carnillo of the Bronx, N.Y., are charged with money laundering and conspiracy. They're each held in the Bergen County Jail on $500,000 bail.

It's not known if the men have attorneys.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/traffic_bronx_during_facing_charges_YEeoNfbsOMKJ889VItaXwN#ixzz1t3ZmyIRd

See less See more
#3 ·
wreckhog said:
Bail seems low considering it was less money than they had with them.
$500k EACH. Probably had that much in change in the ashtray. :p

#5 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it isn't against the law to have any amount of cash on your person. It isn't even against the law to travel out of the country with large amounts of cash as long as you declare it.
This is the problem with news reporting these days: there is always more to the story then is reported.

#7 ·
Any more details on this yet? Or is it a jail-able offense to just be driving erratically with a butt-load of cash in your car?

Think about you getting pulled over on the way home from the range. Obviously, having recently fired firearms in the vehicle is a sign of recent criminal activity, right?

I know how it LOOKS, but where's the EVIDENCE?

#8 ·
Mad Russian said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it isn't against the law to have any amount of cash on your person. It isn't even against the law to travel out of the country with large amounts of cash as long as you declare it.
This is the problem with news reporting these days: there is always more to the story then is reported.
+1 media spin... They make it what the want to

#9 ·
Maybe it was just gas money....I carry at least half that to fill my tank these days. ;D

#10 ·
I think the "Hidden Compartment" thing might come into play...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.