Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im building my AR15 as some of you knoiw and was looking at scopes. I've been looking at this one a lot and have done some research seems like a good scope... anybody know if it'll be good for my AR15?

Nikon Buckmasters Rifle Scope 6-18x 40mm Side Focus BDC Reticle Matte - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/157649/nikon-buckmasters-rifle-scope-6-18x-40mm-side-focus-bdc-reticle-matte?cm_vc=wishList

I want something with some good zoom power. I want to be able to shoot from 50 yards up to about 300 yards comfortably without having a hard time seeing. I figure i use a scope up to 9x on my .22 now and can see at 50 pretty good, so this thing should be good since its 6-18 for the 50 and at the 100/200 easily.

·
Sharp Shooter!
482 Posts
This Nikon Buckmaster is a good value mid-grade scope recommended by lots of people.
I had this Nikon buckmaster BDC 6-18x scope originally on my AR. The glass quality is really good and clear (92% light transmission).
The scope is now sitting on my Rem700 XCR tactical for a year now. After approx. 250 rds of .308, the scope is still holding zero.
The BDC feature with Nikon Spot-on will help if you plan to take the rifle for long range target shooting or hunting (>300 yds).

I do not know what kind of scope mount you are planning to get, but do not get the one piece mount with 20 MOA slope (especially Nikon M-223 mount) or you will run out the elevation adjustment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts