Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
King Coal and Lord of the Blue Ladies
2,148 Posts
Worked out the issues I had been having with my Triumph a few weeks back and have been doing some local riding. Which leads me to my question what are some good roads to cruise on Long Island? Where do you guys like to ride on a lazy Sunday?

Kids bought me a GoPro for Fathers day. I took it out for the first time yesterday. Below is a short clip I uploaded to You Tube. Sorry for the poor quality and all the damn wind noise.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Rte 25 and 25A on the N. Shore through Nassau, and all the way out to the N. Fork towards Orient point. Generally scenic passing through N. Shore nassau horse farms, Cold Spring Harbor, tree lined, Huntington village, all the way out the East End farms, fields and wineries and then the marshes on the N. Fork. I've done this drive from CW Post to Orient Point with the top down many a weekend over the years.

·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Did the ride to Orient & Green port... I agree very nice. Also started the 25/25a ride yesterday but had to turn around at Smithtown the guy I was riding with had to get back.

·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh if you want a riding partner let me know always looking for someone to ride with also check out long island riders group on meet ups
Will definitely take you up on that. Looking for some riding buds. The two guys I normally ride with have very limited schedules..honey do lists and what not. Geez

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Won't be a very long ride, but (without too much traffic) West Neck Rd. heading North from Huntington Village to Lloyd Neck is really nice. Right along the water, passed Caumsett, you could turn around and head back at Target Rock.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,976 Posts
River rd through Calverton then make rt on Edwards and left before the LIE into Riverhead. Cranberry Hole Rd on the S Fork and Go up through Napeague and out to Montauk, just not during Summer weekends

·
Registered
121 Posts
Won't be a very long ride, but (without too much traffic) West Neck Rd. heading North from Huntington Village to Lloyd Neck is really nice. Right along the water, passed Caumsett, you could turn around and head back at Target Rock.
I also like to branch off 25a in Cold Spring Harbor onto Moores Hill Road. Take that until it ends and meets up with *forget the name of the road* and take it through Oyster Bay and continue on to Bayville. Also Post Road between 25 and 25a through Old Westbury is a nice ride if you don't get stuck behind a slowpoke driver

·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great suggestions guys..keep them coming

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
LIE east to exit 70, Rt. 111 north. At T intersection, make right on Ryerson Ave. 300 ft on left, stop at Maples. Way later, call for a ride home.

·
2,148 Posts
get in a fight with a " patch " , have 5 of his bros jump you
just 5? No problem...now 6 well that's a different story. Unless of course I'm there enjoying a few frostys ..I bought for my new friend Destro

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
powerlines from mill road to halsey manor, across halsey manor into fern forest to the powerlines at valero, cross over 495 hard right on toppings path past the roach motel keep going straight then bang a left 1st trail on your right from there you can go 60 miles wait you meant road loops, sorry I was thinking the safest route on a sunday morning around here

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.