Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just got the following message on my FB Group:

"This is Adrienne <last name> with PIX 11 Morning News. We wanted to have a panel discussion tomorrow morning at 730am on gun control and wanted to know if you had anyone available who would like to participate. The segment would be about 5 minutes long and we can provide transportation. Please let me know if this is possible. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at <phone number> or you can email me at <email address>. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you."

I e-mailed her back the following:

Ms. <last name>;

I am the administrator of the Facebook Group "New York State Concealed Carry Advocacy Group". My goal for the group is to bring out awareness of the fact that New York State's current firearm and concealed carry licensure laws are unfair, discriminatory, and elitist in nature. As a practical matter, some believe that the restrictions imposed upon ordinary citizens may be considered meritorious. Some believe that the laws do in fact incorporate an extensive vetting process which results in keeping guns out of the hands of the bad guys. However, these laws do go way overboard with regard to how carefully vetted individuals are treated once they are licensed. The system is ultimately designed to empower relatively few politically appointed individuals with the ability to decide who can and who cannot carry a firearm. This can easily open the door to discrimination and an elite selection process which allows for certain select people to be approve for concealed carry while administratively disallowing any one else they choose; and with no practical accountability.

I am well versed on the subject, and highly capable of articulating the details of my position, however, it being at 7:30AM tomorrow leaves me very little time to prepare and schedule such an endeavor. As such, it is impossible for me to participate.

If you could reschedule for a future date, I would be happy to participate.

(Sorry, but I chose to remove her last name, phone number, and e-mail address to maintain her privacy and not ultimately alienate her)

Any worthwhile feedback or assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Damn. Colonscopy tomorrow or I'd do it in a second. Would be a hoot.

Reactions: Hannco

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Any takers? I can try to get back to her in a little while and see if the offer stands.
If you get/got it setup, PM me - I'll be there.

Reactions: FULL METAL JACKET
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.