Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any recommendations for new york state conceal carry “ccw” 16 hour firearm safety training course? Something less than $400.

Update *11/21/2022

Thanks for all your recommendations. I took the class with Guardian Security training in Deer Park(Guardian Security Training Classes - Long Island, New York). it's about $400 but they were able to get me due to a last minute cancellation. Went to Nassau Pistol Permit(no queue today thank god) and got my concealed carry submitted. The officer said it will take about 3-5 months to get it so don't call and they will call me.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Safety Quest. $250. I'm signed up for the December class at Mitchel Field. But it is full. They haven't listed anything on their calendar past December yet

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Isn’t the ccia law still effect since the state appealed it. Are we back to not being able to carry basically anywhere?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Safety Quest. $250. I'm signed up for the December class at Mitchel Field. But it is full. They haven't listed anything on their calendar past December yet
thank you!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You are correct.
Planning to sell and move within the next 12 months just have to finish the back deck before we sell. I’m not sure it’s worth it for me to spend the time and money for a carry to be able to carry nowhere. I’ve had a sportsman for 12 years a ccw licenses in pa fl Utah for a while all those together cost me less then a ccw in my home state. All of this is is nuts.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Planning to sell and move within the next 12 months just have to finish the back deck before we sell. I’m not sure it’s worth it for me to spend the time and money for a carry to be able to carry nowhere. I’ve had a sportsman for 12 years a ccw licenses in pa fl Utah for a while all those together cost me less then a ccw in my home state. All of this is is nuts.
I wouldn't bother.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
I signed up for Safety Quest too. December class but in Port Jefferson.
Do I need to update my passport to go out that far? All kidding aside, I was not going to take the class right away until the dust had settled a bit but NCPD PLB changed my mind on Monday. Apparently that drug test they forced me to take within 15 days of the letter is not valid forever, more like 4 - 5 months. They indicated that taking a class in late or after January might cause me to have to repeat the drug test to submit applications, although that was not mentioned in the letter. Y’all might want to check your status ASAP.
This was right after they told me I had to pay the $200 again that I just paid in June for renewal.
I’m sure glad the State and County found a way to keep all those poor people, single mothers and elderly on fixed incomes from being able to defend themselves. That would have just been crazy. Good job you leftist lunatics. (-/sarc)

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
I was reading about the new proposed law that will effectively ban all NRA certified pistol instructors from training in NYS.
we kind of knew she was going after the NRA training at some point. This will allow the state to take over and say, “well it’s going to take a few years until we train our own instructors, so you’ll have to wait until then”.
This needs to be fought hard but I heard they already have all the votes they need.
Anyone know anything further like who it affects? Will our CCW classes be nullified or made not available?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was reading about the new proposed law that will effectively ban all NRA certified pistol instructors from training in NYS.
we kind of knew she was going after the NRA training at some point. This will allow the state to take over and say, “well it’s going to take a few years until we train our own instructors, so you’ll have to wait until then”.
This needs to be fought hard but I heard they already have all the votes they need.
Anyone know anything further like who it affects? Will our CCW classes be nullified or made not available?
Can you link the proposed law you are referring too?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
A few things.

--Right now any NRA instructor with a certificate to instruct in small arms "duly authorized." They need not be pistol instructors.
--I am surprised, but not shocked they are doing this in so far as I figured they would have done so in CCIA, not this follow-up amendment. Since they directly put in the legislative intent that they are doing this because of sour grapes over the NRA is really bad.
--I think you are right about using their own trainers. However, one thing we have a lot of is DCJS certified instructors. So many cops have this credential, the security businesses, etc.
--Generally this will just screw NRA instructors and their future potential customers. If you have already gotten your training and your "official" carry permit, you're fine. There is nothing retroactive in the law.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts