Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i need to buy four new tires for my wifes Nissan. Dont want to go to Mavis. Can anyone recommend a good place? Im in. N. Massapequa.
Thanks
Short version of what's below: There's a guy on 107 at the 135 ramp. He doesn't have the best prices, but you can trust him. There's also a guy on Sunrise and 135 (Tony) that has rock bottom prices, will put tires on your car in less than an hour, but the tires are cheap and wear out quick.

There's a guy on 107 right on the ramp of the 135 that's a good, honest mechanic by the name of Ricky. I brought my car in for a couple of things and knew I needed tires too, so I mentioned it to him. He came right out and told me I could get a better deal going somewhere else for tires. When he actually looked at the car, he called me and said he couldn't let me drive the car out of there on the tires I had (which I knew was a bad idea when I brought it in), and he caught another mechanic screwing me on an alignment that was never done. From then on I bring my car there for everything just because I can trust the guy. If I pay a few bucks more for tires I'm okay with that as long as I know that I'm not having unnecessary work done and because if he fixes an issue in 15 min that I couldn't troubleshoot, he wont overcharge me just because he can. At the same time he wont let me drive a car that isn't safe.

I should note that he's an older guy and has recently taken on a partner (Louis) for the dirtier and harder jobs. I can't vouch for that guy other than to say he worked on my car once and I wasn't hit with an enormous bill, charged for work that wasn't done, or pressured into having unnecessary work done.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There was a thread not too long ago with a lot of positive feedback about All Weather Tire in Huntington.

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
All weather tire, don't waste your time with anyone else...cheaper than tire rack, no hassel, in and out in as lil as 15 minutes for full set if they're not hopping and up to an hour if the line is parked out to the first block behind their shop.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OP May I ask why no Mavis? Bad experience?
Have used them in the past, but last trip there they tried to sell me a bunch of stuff I know I didnt need. I do most of my own work, so I know my shocks were good, and my brakes. They had about 8,000 miles on them. Tried telling me they needed to be replaced. I dont trust them anymore.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
OP May I ask why no Mavis? Bad experience?
My friend used them and it took them 1.5 hours to do her tires. Then they charged her 40 bucks per axle to 'clean' the brake pads off of dust.

550 just for a front brake job. You dont even want to know about the tires.

She will never go back after i bought her to all weather tires

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My friend used them and it took them 1.5 hours to do her tires. Then they charged her 40 bucks per axle to 'clean' the brake pads off of dust.

550 just for a front brake job. You dont even want to know about the tires.

She will never go back after i bought her to all weather tires
My biggest issue with tire places is most will scratch your rims.

I don't care if it takes them 3 days to put the tires on as long as the rims are in the same condition.

How is this All Weather Tire when it comes to not scratching the rims?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.