Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can we make of the new (WED) SCOTUS decision to not hear the case from NY gun dealers about the CCIA. Lettuce James is crowing over it so whats it mean for the cases we are waiting for in March and beyond?

· SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,356 Posts
Just be patient. When SCOTUS gets done with the CCIA, there won't be anything left. I expect the SCOTUS' decision, in the Antonyuk suit, to make the Bruen decision look like a mere footnote, in pro-2A decisions. Consider what Judges Suddaby and Sinatra have already ruled as CLEARLY unconstitutional, then add the rest of the CCIA text to that. I don't expect any portion of the CCIA to stand and, not long thereafter, I expect NY's unSAFE Act to fall, to similar action.
Gary

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Just be patient. When SCOTUS gets done with the CCIA, there won't be anything left. I expect the SCOTUS' decision, in the Antonyuk suit, to make the Bruen decision look like a mere footnote, in pro-2A decisions. Consider what Judges Suddaby and Sinatra have already ruled as CLEARLY unconstitutional, then add the rest of the CCIA text to that. I don't expect any portion of the CCIA to stand and, not long thereafter, I expect NY's unSAFE Act to fall, to similar action.
Gary
damn right it will be. Though I don’t expect Scotus to directly knock down the safe act. I think they will use the Maryland case in order to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts