Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bait and Barrels is open. Have been in there twice. Can't say enough positive things about this place. Nice inside with good selection of guns. John, one of the co-owners is awesome. Went in there with my dad who has not yet purchased his first pistol. He has only shot mine once at the range. John took A LOT of time showing him different guns in his price range that he may enjoy shooting. Gave him pointers about proper shooting technique, and just overall gave him the time and attention he needed to make an informed decision about what to buy. That doesn't happen in most gun stores these days. Prices were very reasonable. Gun transfers, including pistols are $25. Would highly recommend!! Best of luck with the business.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
It's across the street from the final location of Burns Brothers - if anyone remembers when they closed the shop in Haupauge they were for a short time on the same block in Riverhead on the other side (next to the ice cream place).

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
One more glint of sunshine in the liberal stink hole.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I work in the area. I'm happy to have them so close. I talked to them the first time at the Hauppague show. Stoped into the store two weeks ago and met John. Nice store nice people. I wish them luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I stopped by there to pick up some shiners to go fishing, and was really impressed with the upgrades the new owner made to the property. As soon as I walked in the door he introduced himself and really made you feel welcome. It used to be a pretty outdated deli and tackle store but now it is a well stocked outdoors store.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I stopped down there today to check it out. Great store and very nice people! I felt very welcomed as soon as I walked through the door. I have a feeling I will be getting to know John, John's Dad and his partner very well. If you are in the area, I highly suggest you stop by and check it out. They are located at 1315 West Main Street in Riverhead, not far from the Tanger Outlets. Just be aware that they are closed on Monday's and Tuesday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Stopped there today for the first time. They had the gun I wanted for what I expected to pay. Very nice people. I hope they do well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts