Long Island Shooters Forum banner

New Pro 2A Argument: SCREW YOU

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  mvphilly 
#1 ·
"Screw you." That's it. Except the first word isn't "Screw."
It's not exactly a traditional argument, but it's certainly appropriate here. The fact is that there is no point in arguing with liberal gun-control advocates because their argument is never in good faith. They slander gun owners as murderers. They lie about their ultimate aim, which is to ban and confiscate all privately owned weapons.

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/07/245635-gun-rights-advocates-have-a-devastating-new-argument-against-gun-control-here-it-is/

Here's a perfect example of the kind of bad faith arguments made by the controllers (they are far more than anti 2A),

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2015/07/30/csgv-and-their-dark-corners/

One thing you come to realize as you explore the darker corners of the pro-gun movement is how cowardly and soulless many of these men are. They are so terrified of having a simple physical confrontation (i.e., shoving match, fistfight)-and so bitter about what it might do to their pride and reputation if they come out on the losing side of the equation-that they would rather shoot and kill another human being than stand up and face that situation (which frequently is of their own making). It's a philosophy so devoid of dignity, honor, courage, and value for human life that every American of conscience must speak against it, loudly.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a good reply to all that BS....

CSGV and the meaning of cowardice
http://gunfreezone.n...g-of-cowardice/

I'm a doctor and I play one on the Internet. Not an MD mind you, but a PhD. I have a dual concentration Metallurgy and Biomedical Engineering. I bring this up not for braggadocio but for credentials. So when I touch on matters of biomechanics, anatomy, and physiology, I am speaking with some level of authority.

In one of Miguel's previous posts he quoted from some CSGV blowhard (emphasis mine):
"They are so terrified of having a simple physical confrontation (i.e., shoving match, fistfight)-and so bitter about what it might do to their pride and reputation if they come out on the losing side of the equation-that they would rather shoot and kill another human being than stand up and face that situation (which frequently is of their own making)."

I'll admit it, I am terrified of getting into a fistfight. I'm not gonna take it outside. I'm not gonna settle it like a man. I will do everything I can to avoid a fight, and if that means I have to shoot you, guess what, I'm gonna shoot you (which believe me, I'd much rather not).

Here is why, in three words, I do not want to get into a fistfight: Traumatic Brain Injury. The human brain is made up of relatively inelastic tissue, neurons and capillaries. The brain sits in a sack of fluid called the dura matter. This is inside the skull. When you take a punch to the head, your head goes from still to moving very quickly. This linear and rotational acceleration causes the brain to smash around inside of your skull like dice in a shaker.

Every time your brain hits skull, it stretches. When your brain stretches it tears, neurons rip away from each other and capillarities rupture. Your brain starts to bleed. Blood collects in the spongy tissue of the brain compressing it. The brain starts to swell, squeezing it inside of the skull. This compression and the torn blood vessels causes a loss of blood flow to regions of the brain. Without blood, there is no oxygen, without oxygen, parts of the brain shut down. Long enough without oxygen, the brain dies. When the brain dies, so do you.

A solid punch can cause your brain to smack around inside your skull with the force of a high speed car accident. And no, it doesn't take a professional boxer to kill with a punch.

I like my brain. I spend long enough in school stuffing it full of facts. I'm not going to let somebody try and kill it to prove my manliness. Assuming that I survive, of course, it would me nice to still be able to come away remembering how to do math, or even my kid's name.

So no. I'm not going to fight you. I really don't want to. It's not so much that I'm a yellow bellied chicken. I just don't feel like having my neurons torn apart to prove to you that I'm a man.

#6 ·
The rules of logic say that "A false premise implies ANYTHING". The gun-grabbers (really freedom-grabbers is their long term objective) start with a false premise (either selective presentation of misleading data, exaggeration or outright fabrication) and build upon that false premise to "prove" anything they want. In their twisted logic, they start with their conclusion, then build a false chain of 'logic' from their false premise to the pre-determined conclusion. Yes, it really is a waste of time to try and reason with the unreasonable. The concept of "that they would rather shoot and kill another human being than stand up and face that situation (which frequently is of their own making)" is SO far from the behavior of responsible gun owners - jeez, if I'm carrying and you cut me off driving you get ZERO reaction. I'll flip you off, or maybe say something IF I DON'T have a firearm to safeguard. I'm not going to start a confrontation that brings a firearm to the party. I'd rather 'play the coward' and back away (if I can do so safely) than escalate a situation to the point where I would have no alternative than to employ deadly force (if we're talking about a basic verbal/physical confrontation). If you mean to cause me (or mine) injury, well, the law allows for a more vigorous defense, but use of force is IMHO to be avoided whenever possible.

Reactions: SeanKusmcRO
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think I'm going to try a different approach from now on. When I'm told there has to be "reasonable", "common sense", or "sensible" restrictions in place, I'm not going to debate the Law(s), I'm gonna ask them to walk me through exactly how I can exercise my right inside and outside my home. And when I get the blank stare i'll let them know they're full of crap and the conversation is over.

Paul

#10 ·
Yea right lib ***! Not afraid to fight, & still like to be able to protect my family against a group or someone that is armed. It is such a poor argument that avoids so many different issues that I can't even begin to deconstruct it. I'll let you crotchety old men do that, you're enter at it!

#11 ·
What about the 105LD women and the 250lb attacker cause all that self defense class she take will go out the window after the first punch to the face.

You know what the difference between a armed citizen that get kill due a violent assault and a un armed citizen who dies the same way is.
THE ARMED ONE HAD A CHANCE AND THE UNARMED ONE HAD NO CHANCE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.