Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger(gotta keep it somewhat gun related right?) Never had a bike before but rode a friends a few times and a few dirt bikes. Never anything this powerful though. Its Harley Davidson 750 Street in Denim Black with everything stock. Applied for financing through Eagle(Harley Davidsons bank). The salesman John Mooney made sure to answer any questions i had. Was a little nervous walking in there but glad i did. As soon as i seen the bike i knew i wanted it. Waited a week to make sure i wanted it and ask if they had stock. Went in yesterday to put down $1k and walked out to get insurance so the bike can be delivered. They gave me $500 in store credit to get whatever i wanted. Walked out with a matching modular helmet and a pair of riding boots on special order. Got to get stands and a cover for rain and winter time. I have my permit but had to take it around the block a few times and i instantly fell in love with motorcycles. Only one word of advice for new riders out there. If someone says they have ridden before and your gut tells you not to let them ride. Follow your gut. My 56 yo father said he rode before and i knew i was gonna regret letting him ride. He didnt even make it past the front of the house before he put it down
. Fortunatly only the muffler was a little scuffed which was gonna be changed out to try and get close to the potatoe sound as i possibly could. Question for you motorcycle riders out there...where do you keep the guns and ammo?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Nice, congrats. Rode my bike upstate today, the ride usually takes about 2 hours, took 6 today. Traffic on a bike....SUCKS.

Be extra careful. It ain't getting any easier to ride around Long Island.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Don't know where you're located but when I head north northwestish off-island I take the ferry back. Can't enjoy a ride up in the hills wondering what traffic's gonna be like coming back.

Paul

Nice, congrats. Rode my bike upstate today, the ride usually takes about 2 hours, took 6 today. Traffic on a bike....SUCKS.

Be extra careful. It ain't getting any easier to ride around Long Island.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Don't know where you're located but when I head north northwestish off-island I take the ferry back. Can't enjoy a ride up in the hills wondering what traffic's gonna be like coming back.

Paul
Yeah Paul, love that route, but unfortunately I have a place near the PA border. I usually go up on the off hours, but today was unavoidable. I left eastern Nassau at 2:30pm, traffic just about the whole way until a few miles east of 87 on 17. The area leading to and after the Tappan Zee was a parking lot.

Reactions: lynyrd

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Thanks everyone. Yea i learned the hard way. From now on no one rides it but me. Ill be taking the motorcycle saftey foundation course August 15-17 i believe in Oakdale. Ill be practicing with my uncle and cousin when i can. If its not raining and im not closing at work ill be on it.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yes for now.Got it all planned out pay off the bike quick to improve credit. Get a new car and do the same thing. Then house then boat. Of course both of the last 2 will be outside of NY. And thanks again everyone. Does LIf do a group ride any time?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Congrats nice looking ride. Enjoy.....

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Nice ride! Don't rush onto the streets until your really comfortable. One of my buddies thought he could hang, and ended up crashing his sportster into a curb lmfao. Thank god he was okay. Take it slowwwwwwwwww.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Yes for now.Got it all planned out pay off the bike quick to improve credit. Get a new car and do the same thing. Then house then boat. Of course both of the last 2 will be outside of NY. And thanks again everyone. Does LIf do a group ride any time?
Congrats regarding new bike & being a new rider - you may want to get some riding time & experience before doing group rides. Ride safe & be careful out there. ....Chris

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.