Long Island Shooters Forum banner

New life into an old 590A1

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  zzrguy 
#1 ·
Found an old Mossberg 590A1 buried in the closet. The ones with a parkerized finish, speedfeed stock, heat shield and the bayonet lug. It has to be a mid-late 90's model.

Anyways there it was decked out in tacticool with a Mossberg pistol grip, tac-star light and Light Mount Technologies laser (the kind with coiled wires and pressure switches).

I decided to redo it in better taste so I picked up the Magpul SGA stock and M-LOK foregrip in FDE. Figured I'd give it a nice 2 tone look. I also picked up one of the Brownells raised metal safeties and ditched the old plastic one. Now to run some rounds through it.

I think it looks pretty good. I'd like to swap the front bead sight still and maybe give it a multicam paint job down the road. Fit and finish on the Magpul stuff is very nice and the new safety feels much better...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I want to see what it looked like before you ruined it.
It funny how thing where tactical cool back in the day.

PS looks good

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)

Sorry, don't have pics of one with all the gizmos... Mine has the laser built in to the operating handle

Reactions: whitefoot
#9 ·
Looks good now, never a fan of all that crap hanging off a weapon. Laser, IR Laser, ok but a light should not be where you are

#10 ·
I'm thinking of converting a old Remington 870 o have to a house gun and I'm looking at this as the only add on Centermass lazer

#13 ·
Look good my old 870 is in bad shape it going to need a lot of love to look that good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.