Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m pulling together my application for New Hampshire CCW. I was wondering if anyone had any insights in general and if there were any qualifications on the references like we have in NY?

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m pulling together my application for New Hampshire CCW. I was wondering if anyone had any insights in general and if there were any qualifications on the references like we have in NY?

·
Registered
141 Posts
RJM said:
I'm pulling together my application for New Hampshire CCW. I was wondering if anyone had any insights in general and if there were any qualifications on the references like we have in NY?
My references were never contacted. I wouldn't use family members. They are quick to issue if they aren't backed up, very nice people to deal with.

·
Registered
141 Posts
RJM said:
I'm pulling together my application for New Hampshire CCW. I was wondering if anyone had any insights in general and if there were any qualifications on the references like we have in NY?
My references were never contacted. I wouldn't use family members. They are quick to issue if they aren't backed up, very nice people to deal with.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
prolanman said:
They don't accept restricted out of state licenses. If you have a non resident PA license use that when filling for your New Hampshire license.
Are you sure, because I have one and I got it on a SCPD Sportsmans 8)

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
prolanman said:
They don't accept restricted out of state licenses. If you have a non resident PA license use that when filling for your New Hampshire license.
Are you sure, because I have one and I got it on a SCPD Sportsmans 8)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I have one from NH as well. Our licenses are not technically "restricted" so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a NH license.

I don't believe they will issue you one if you use a license that is not from your home state.

Mine too about 4 months to get about 2 years ago.

BTW, they never contacted my references either.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I have one from NH as well. Our licenses are not technically "restricted" so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a NH license.

I don't believe they will issue you one if you use a license that is not from your home state.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sparkz said:

Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. It does look like you must send in home state license and I'm not sure sending an additional non-res would help.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sparkz said:

Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. It does look like you must send in home state license and I'm not sure sending an additional non-res would help.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
glockshox said:
I could go with the NY references, but I thought using NH residents would be helpful. That would have limited me to family members.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
glockshox said:
I could go with the NY references, but I thought using NH residents would be helpful. That would have limited me to family members.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Applied in 2008 and NH would not accept the Suffolk Co. "Sportsman" pistol license. They just mailed my application back to me and indicated that the "sportsman" was a restriction and invalid.
I reapplied with my Florida CCW license and two weeks later I had my NH carry permit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Applied in 2008 and NH would not accept the Suffolk Co. "Sportsman" pistol license. They just mailed my application back to me and indicated that the "sportsman" was a restriction and invalid.
I reapplied with my Florida CCW license and two weeks later I had my NH carry permit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.