Long Island Shooters Forum banner

New DSI Range

Tags
dsi new range
19K views 117 replies 48 participants last post by  2edgesword 
#1 ·
Is anyone thinking about purchasing a DSI shooting range membership? I was on DSI's website last night, it looks like they should be opening their range soon. It looks like they will have different levels of membership. I may look into the silver level which is $295 for the year and includes unlimited one hour range sessions. It cost me $22 per hour at Mitchel Field so 14 visits to DSI range I will break even. The only drawback is the range is only 11 yards so it would be only short range shooting. The plus side to this it may finally motivate me to apply for the pistol permit. It seems they are also gonna rent firearms which is also cool. Another reason to get my pistol permit, I cant rent a handgun without one in the great communist state of NY.

#2 ·
I'm interested as I'm more into defense shooting so 11 yards are about the max you'd be shoot in the home.

Reactions: FredW56 and iGreg
#6 ·
All I have to say is congratulations to the folks at DSI. After decades of hear people talking about doing this they have gotten it done. No easy feat. Kudos!

#11 ·
Range
The range is 50' overall which results in a maximum tip to target distance of approx 11 yards
The range has 6 points or lanes, one of which is ADA wheelchair rated
The range is rated to .50 for pistol, .50 for low velocity rifle and .338 for high velocity rifle
Steel core, Armor piercing, Explosive, Incendiary or Tracer rounds are prohibited
The ventilation system meets or exeeds the latest OSHA / NIOSH / ASHRAE standards
The ventiation system uses 100% fresh air and completes an air change approximately once per miniute
The ventilation system heats the incoming air during the winter season

From their website.

Reactions: ecr
#16 ·
Range is rated for any pistol, low velocity rifle up to .50 (this would include all pistol calibers as well as .450 bushmaster, .458 SOCOM and .50 beowulf) and high velocity rifle to .308 caliber (includes .30-06, .300WM and .338). The only prohibited caliber is .50 BMG. Shotgun will be slug only initially. Since the range is shorter, we MAY allow 00 Buck after we do some testing on spread patterns.

#18 ·
I find shooting my 16" AR with 1x power scope close range very challenging. Speed is incorporated with accuracy. Trying to obtain quick accurate follow up shots is challenging as well. That's why I am interested in rapid fire. I am almost finished building a light weight ar308 with a Geisele SD3G trigger and am really curious to see how the it will perform with rapid fire, with 308 none the less.

#19 ·
Will this be a 24hr range?

#21 ·
Looks awesome

#25 ·
I'll probably utilize the range if I want to take my wife shooting. No sense in having her join Freeport since she does not shoot as much. But it's going to be nice. Photos look good. And it's close to home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.