Long Island Shooters Forum banner

New central air install

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  pj4863 
#1 ·
Is there someone on here who does central air installs? Mom is deciding to join the 20th century and I'm looking for someone trust worthy.

#10 ·
Stay away from sunray services. Incompetent jerks. Installed a high efficiency system and don't have the equipment or skill level necessary to troubleshoot and repair. Spent 3 weeks throwing parts at it to no avail. I found a t/s and repair guide online and bought parts online for 1/5 their price and repaired it myself.

#11 ·
^^^^^^^
they suck in more ways than one. My gas furnace broke on a December weekend a few years ago and the repair guy put me in touch with a salesman on his cell phone, after not so subtly prepping the sales guy. Mr. M his here with no heat and he has 2 year old and a new born blah blah blah. figuring they had someone desperate they quoted me $6k. right in fron of the guy I called a HVAC client of mine who unfortunately lives way to far in NJ to help but he knows my house and said he would charge about $2400 for the job. I threw the repair guy out but he sat in front of my house on his cell phone for 15 minutes then I got a call from sales that that was their caddilac system and they can do it for 4k. I got it done by best temp, for $2700 or so including the humidifier. I would never ever use sunray.

#16 ·
I used them years ago. They were pretty good at first but when problems arose they started sending over new guys that didn't know what to do and never seemed to have the parts needed.
But the worst in my experience was Mel Modern. He did the original install. The house felt too warm to me. The boss stood there with his thermometer in the air outlet and swore it was working fine and "it takes a day or two for a house to cool off". I live in a Cape Cod and the house was not yet furnished. I called BS and told him to check the system. It turned out there was no coolant. Jerk.

#18 ·
The absolute most professional company I ever used was All Weather Temperature control. They will bend over backwards to make you happy. In fact, they will not leave the job until you are satisfied.

#20 ·
Where are you located?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.