Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found the deal I was looking for.. Remmy 700 Varmint in .308. They are running a $50 rebate right now which made the decision easier. Nothing special, but I've wanted one for a while.

Here it is.. camo stock blends in nicely with the carpet.

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Me like!

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
I guess its a nice gun, I can't see it!  ;D

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
Saw that one in the Dicks flyer today. Was pondering one myself.  :)

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$500 + tax - $50 rebate @ Dicks in Melville. Never bought a gun there before but the price was too good to pass up. My gun fund is tapped right now so I'm just going to get a feel for it with the stock scope that came with it. My next purchase will probably be the reloading dies and components, followed by a stock with the glass being one of the last purchases (because it will probably be the most sizable).

Thanks Zanshin for pointing out the deal..

@summondemons.. dog is shown in non-tactical configuration.. tactical version will be showing up my home brew thread

·
Sharp Shooter!
446 Posts
great rifle, I have a friend that bought that same rifle after shooting mine. Its a tack diver, Enjoy it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great rifle enjoy !!

I have a Rem 700 SPS tac in 308 and have shot center of 25ct coin at 100 yards . Tack Drivers ;)

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
vmtcmt said:
That Federal .308 ammo really is the classic ammo for any .308.

I'm currently working up a load using that BTHP Sierra Matchking bullet and Alliant Reloader 15 powder in my Rem 700 24" 5R milspec

Oh, by the way, what store recommended this excellent rifle, give you a hint, they are the best store on LI BAR NONE!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.