Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a guy I can take my Holley style (Barry Grant) carb to for a complete overhaul?
I'm looking for the guru type that doesn't mind questions about how he's going to rebuild it to suit my needs, and how best to tune it after I bolt it back onto the hot rod.
Any thoughts?
I had a guy that was great, but he packed up and moved to PA on me. The nerve of some people.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
If you want a guru you have to go the distance :

1. Allstate Carburetor & Fuel Injection  

2. Auto Parts Store

3. Address: 143 Brightside Ave, Central Islip, NY 11722
    Phone:(631) 234-8327

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Curtis or Mondial in College point were doing this work when there were pine forests on the sites of the guys on Long Island. Curtis is the the holy grail for British stuff but could rebuild a Holley at the counter over a cup of coffee. If it were my ride I would go a few more miles west and hit what is left of the junkyard mechanics at Shea. Those guys could do some amazing work.

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!
Gonna make some phone calls today.

·
Registered
121 Posts
there is a carb place on Nassau Blvd (east side) in Garden City South north of Hempstead Tpke south of Stewart. I don't remember the name, but, there is a bicycle place across the street.
I live around the corner Thats Dennis' Electronic Tune up. I dont think Dennis is really there too often. 299 nassau Blvd. garden city south. (516)486-3543

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.