Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just wanted to throw up a pic of my latest build.  It started life as a $400 Dicks special .223 Remington 700 ADL hand-me-down.  I added a B&C medalist A5 stock, Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40 scope, Wyatt's bottom metal, Timney trigger, KRG bolt handle, Accu-shot mnopod, Harris bipodand a scope level that I found on Ebay.  Now I just need to practice enough to do it justice!    

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
VERY nice...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Very nice, that looks like the "Reach out and touch someone" special.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
htowncoupe said:
very nice how much was the stock
Stock ran me $420 from Stocky's. I had originally looked at and AICS, but they were way out of my league

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
peteinsuffolk said:
nicely done... no range report?
Lol, my bad. The gun definitely outshoots me. Its my first bolt, and I like the contrast with my usual AR and AK. I found myself using my apple seed basics a lot more, and taking my time to concentrate on each shot. I also used about 1/4 of the ammo That I usually use on a trip to Calverton. My best group of the day was 1" at 100 yards using Hornady TAP ammo, and 2-3" with Remington UMC. I was putting up consistent 4-5" groups at 200. I can't wait to see what she oes at 300 in the spring and with some practice.

Thanks for all of the comments, guys!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.