Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already shoot a Commie gun so I have no scruple about shopping in a 99 cent store. Somehow, I always find a need for this, and like visegrips I have a couple laying around so I can find at least one.

Attachments

·
Click Clack BANG BANG
3,933 Posts
I get strainers to dry my brass after tumbling

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts

·
Lousy Shot
16,248 Posts
Ever look at the brands sold in those places? They "look" familiar but I've never heard of any of them. Who knows where they come from. I wouldn't buy anything that goes in or on my body. I've been burned plenty by their hardware and tools too, even stuff I don't care about. You'll be lucky to get one use out of it.

I bought a set of tie-down straps once. First chance to use them, I had to bring home an 8' section of stockade on my roof rack. I never made it. Well, I made it but the section of fence never did. It got its [email protected]$$ run'd over on Sunrise Highway. The straps looked like web material but they were just made out of ordinary nylon fabric.

How 'bout a pair of pliers that look like shiny forged chrome vanadium steel? No, they were just die-cast and broke in my hand the first time I used them.

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
571 Posts
Bought a stainless baking pan. Used it to put all gun parts when cleaning. Easy to clean the pan too.

·
Registered
527 Posts
When I see a .99 cent store I always run in the opposite direction..... Shhhhhh, Family Dollar is a client of mine.......

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
Beta>Mac>Snap-On>Klein>Craftsman>Stanley>Husky>HarborFrieght>DollarStore

The Heirarchy of Tools
Introduction from my last TA (Tools Anonymous) meeting: "My name is CommonSense and I am a tool bottom feeder."

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
Cheap reading glasses.
I'll go into a $ store and buy $20 worth of reading glasses.
They last me a good 6 -7 months.

Between losing them, breaking them, and my GF stealing them it's a great investment.
I would never buy a tool or food etc there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts