Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mom's birthday is Monday. She'll be 88.
I'm pulling out all the stops.
Going to take her shopping in Allentown PA @ Boscovs ( her favorite dept store) and then lunch at Red Lobster.
Nothings too much for me to spend on my Mom. LOL
That's what she wants to do.
I'll even let her order dessert since she doesn't want me to get her a birthday card.
Yeah. She told me the card last year was so beautiful she doesn't want me to bother getting one this year.
That's my Mom. Wants me to recycle her card from last year so I don't have to go to any trouble.
And she'll have it out on the table.

I've finally learned to quit fighting her. She's too tough for me.
They don't make em like that anymore do they?

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
Happy birthday to her!
I have had the privilege of having more than one conversation with her and she's an amazing lady.
Let her order two deserts, you cheap bastage!
BTW - We'll be passing your neighborhood tomorrow, heading for the Penn State area.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy birthday to her!
I have had the privilege of having more than one conversation with her and she's an amazing lady.
Let her order two deserts, you cheap bastage!
BTW - We'll be passing your neighborhood tomorrow, heading for the Penn State area.
PennState?I gradiated from thems.
The main building is literally on the geographic center of the state. In the building they have a little brass plate at the exact center.
Always made me think I finally made it to the middle of nowhere.

Okay, I'll order 2 desserts. I'll cancel the appetizer.

If you want to stop by on your way home give me a call.
We're 35 miles from Cabela's.

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
If your mom is 88, that kind of makes you an old timer! At the last meet up that OUP set up, I'd swear you weren't a day over 75.

As a side note, enjoy the day with your mama. May I suggest a nice summer bouquet of flowers? Chicks dig that.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
My Mom is already there and then some...Here's a pic from the last time we went out somewhere:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
My Mom's birthday is Monday. She'll be 88.
I'm pulling out all the stops.
Going to take her shopping in Allentown PA @ Boscovs ( her favorite dept store) and then lunch at Red Lobster.
Nothings too much for me to spend on my Mom. LOL
That's what she wants to do.
I'll even let her order dessert since she doesn't want me to get her a birthday card.
Yeah. She told me the card last year was so beautiful she doesn't want me to bother getting one this year.
That's my Mom. Wants me to recycle her card from last year so I don't have to go to any trouble.
And she'll have it out on the table.

I've finally learned to quit fighting her. She's too tough for me.
They don't make em like that anymore do they?
Happy Birthday to your mom...you're very blessed to still have her in your life. Moms are very important.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.