Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
No. A muzzle brake is a banned evil feature. Pin and welded was pre_un-SAFE.

·
Registered
604 Posts
if you don't want to set a mag lock, you can always convert you're AR 15 to a straight pull rifle (only if you really wanted.)

I mean, you can buy any AR 15 with all the "blood thirsty evil features" as long as it isn't semi automatic.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
LIF isn't Facebook or Twitter, please make the effort to type out every word in an effort to receive a complete and accurate response. Thank you.

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Lousy Shot
16,248 Posts
Unfortunately I think those fools fixed that typo.
Not according to what's posted here.

I haven't heard about any changes to the law since adding the exemptions for LEOs. All I heard about was the court ruling that struck down the "break/brake" restriction and the 7-round limit.

22. "Assault weapon" means
(a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable
magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
the weapon;
(iii) a thumbhole stock;
(iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the
non-trigger hand;
(v) a bayonet mount;
(vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded
barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, muzzle break, or
muzzle compensator;

(vii) a grenade launcher; or

·
Bocce & Bullets - Booyah!
2,516 Posts
Not according to what's posted here.

I haven't heard about any changes to the law since adding the exemptions for LEOs. All I heard about was the court ruling that struck down the "break/brake" restriction and the 7-round limit.
I thought I heard something after the Skretny decision that the muzzle brake issue (permitted) only applying in the Western portion of NYS. Don't know how valid that is...

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,015 Posts
I thought I heard something after the Skretny decision that the muzzle brake issue (permitted) only applying in the Western portion of NYS. Don't know how valid that is...
There is no controlling judicial authority legitimizing muzzle brakes outside of the Western District of NY.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts