Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
It takes about 6 ~ 8 weeks to process the application from the time they receive it (no more than 90 days is the state requirement).

You request the application and finger print cards on-line from Florida (Department of Agriculture).

Probably the hardest part is getting NYPD to do the finger print cards.

As mentioned if you served in the military your DD-214 will be considered proof of firearms training.

Reactions: KingD

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Thats a great idea. Is a FL non resident permit attainable with a nyc premise permit? I never looked into, just assumed premise permit wouldn't qualify.
I obtained my FL non-resident permit back in 2008 way before the NYC premise permit. Mailed out the application on a monday and had my permit in my mailbox on friday evening.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Destination state (fl) does not require a permit to own, just to conceal carry. Im just assuming nypd makes a big deal out of taking my guns out of state & want to make it as difficult as possible. Hoping someone went through this & guide me in best direction. I was going to call down to 1pp, but didnt feel like being on hold for an eternity at that moment.
I packed all my pistols up into a box loaded into my trailer and drove down to TN a week later I took the CCW class and I should have it in a week .. I've been here since Jan 1st.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I packed all my pistols up into a box loaded into my trailer and drove down to TN a week later I took the CCW class and I should have it in a week .. I've been here since Jan 1st.
Did you mail your nyc permit back to one police plaza with a letter like other posters mentioned? How long did it take to get used to all your freedom?

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Make sure your turn signals are operational and use them. Stop at red lights and stop signs. Put your headlights on when it rains. Drive at or just above the speed limits. (All before applies to Newyorkistan and its commie neighbor Joisey.)

Flip the bird on the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Congratulations on making your escape (eventually.) Do you really have to waste 55 cents to mail your license back ? I think when they hear nothing about a renewal they might figure it out.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Did you mail your nyc permit back to one police plaza with a letter like other posters mentioned? How long did it take to get used to all your freedom?
I am from Nassau and I have not sent it back yet.. I am waiting to receive my TN CCW in the mail . It don't take long to get use to the freedom. buying 30 round mags like crazy now and glock 17 round mags as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am from Nassau and I have not sent it back yet.. I am waiting to receive my TN CCW in the mail . It don't take long to get use to the freedom. buying 30 round mags like crazy now and glock 17 round mags as well.
Man that sounds awesome.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
Thats a great idea. Is a FL non resident permit attainable with a nyc premise permit? I never looked into, just assumed premise permit wouldn't qualify.
Yes it is. FL doesn't care if you have a home state license or not

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
It takes about 6 ~ 8 weeks to process the application from the time they receive it (no more than 90 days is the state requirement).

You request the application and finger print cards on-line from Florida (Department of Agriculture).

Probably the hardest part is getting NYPD to do the finger print cards.

As mentioned if you served in the military your DD-214 will be considered proof of firearms training.
I applied on 1/02, and the license was in my mailbox in less than a month

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
Oh yeah- Once you reach N Carolina, feel free to CCW if you have the FL license

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boosti is correct....also always check the most recent states reciprocal agreement when carrying out of state or with a non resident permits.

The laws of each state can change frequently and most LEO'S may not be familiar with reciprocity rulings.

It's always a good idea to print out the ruling from the state you are traveling in and have it with you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Boosti is correct....also always check the most recent states reciprocal agreement when carrying out of state or with a non resident permits.
The laws of each state can change frequently and most LEO'S may not be familiar with reciprocity rulings.
It's always a good idea to print out the ruling from the state you are traveling in and have it with you
Great idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I started digging through old paperwork from 1PP & found that you must contact the nypd license divisions cancellation unit within 10 days for directions. (646)610-5871. Im definitely going to get the florida non resident in the mean time. Seems easy enough. Requested the fingerprint cards online & looking into a class at the moment. This site is great, the knowledge in endless.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
S. Carolina doesn't recognize a Non resident Florida CCW permit.
Rats- they used to, and Virginia has now joined the Lunacy brigade

·
Registered
199 Posts
Make sure your turn signals are operational and use them. Stop at red lights and stop signs. Put your headlights on when it rains. Drive at or just above the speed limits. (All before applies to Newyorkistan and its commie neighbor Joisey.)

Flip the bird on the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Congratulations on making your escape (eventually.) Do you really have to waste 55 cents to mail your license back ? I think when they hear nothing about a renewal they might figure it out.
The golden answer..

21 - 40 of 48 Posts