Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interesting subject. As we all know sometimes we have to make some "modifications" to our weapons to fit our individual needs. I was having a problem holding a tight group with my Golden Boy. The "winds" on the rear sight were a bit over sized and forcing my eyes to focus on them. So I had Henry send me another rear sight (didn't want to mess up the original) and filed down the wings level across and that did the trick. Now I am back to my usual 21/2-3in shot group and I can acquire the target allot faster.
What was your most successful "modification".

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
I think Mad Russian just won the intrawebz for today.

·
Registered
731 Posts
This is priceless how no one has any mods to talk about. TOPIC STARTER: I am sorry for creating a bad trend here. My most recent mod was fileing down a magazine's inner tube wall. The shotgun follower was getting stuck on a lip that was due to a manufacturers error. The shotgun is brand new and was not allowing the rounds to properly fill the entire magazine tube. It works great now.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
Trigger job on a Win Model 70. Done in the field, took an already pretty good trigger and brought it down smoothly to about 4 or 5 ounces

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
Not much of a mod, but when I bought my Officers ACP I planned on Electroless Nickel Plating it... I still haven't gotten around to it, but I did get as far as changing all the pins with SS, replacing all the springs, tighting the slide (only needed a touch) Replacing the barrel and bushing, and replacing the Slide Stop, Mag Release, Thumb & Grip Safety. I am kinda liking the SS parts on the Parkerized Finish, and Might leave it that way.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Sent my Glock 23 out to have the grip angle changed and rounded off the trigger guard among other things. For me, it was an outstanding modification.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts