Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a problem with my mosin 91/30. When I operate the bolt and then move it forward instead of staying cocked it automatically goes forward. Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
Take down the rifle and check if the sear screw is loose, or the spring is bent. Also examine the sear and the tab where the sear engages. If the are rounded off, or the edges are not sharp and square, replace the sear and bolt body. Both are cheap.
Take some photos of the sear and bottom of bolt and post them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sear seems to be rounded a bit but trigger seems good and tight not too much play. I'll try and post pics tomorrow. Is there a shop you can get these parts fron locally or a good website? Thanks for your help

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, still having a problem with the bolt decocking when I push the bolt forward. Tried a new sear pin but it barely was sticking up into the groove and didn't work. Should I have someone much more qualified take a look at it and if so can you guys help out with a suggestion? Thanks for all the help so far

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
JEsp said:
Ok, still having a problem with the bolt decocking when I push the bolt forward. Tried a new sear pin but it barely was sticking up into the groove and didn't work. Should I have someone much more qualified take a look at it and if so can you guys help out with a suggestion? Thanks for all the help so far
Should have asked this question before, but does the trigger return to normal after pulling it, or does it stay back in fire position? The sear should protrude about 3/8ths of an inch from the slot. its entirely possible you have a defective bolt body as well.

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.