1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just Modded my Mosin Nagant 91 30 from 1935, any thoughts

Just wanted to thank

www.Classicfirearms.us for Tula hex reciever 9130
Volko Supply for FFL
Bunch of Amazon stores for parts
Youtube.com for bunch of interesting ideas
And Last but not least Long island firearms forum for some great Info!

·
Sharp Shooter!
391 Posts
Looks sweet bro! How did you mount the scope? I haven't even cleaned the cosmoline off of my mosin. What year i that? I got a 1927 tula dragoon with some cool markings and all matching numbers except the bayonet. Guess you didn't have to worry about cleaning the stock. Not a bad idea to restock it. Good luck with it let us know how it shoots.

·
OnTargetGuy
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruger1022l Thanks I mounted the Scope using ati mount its like 40 bucks. you have to drill and tap into the reciever two Screws.  It was pretty easy except that the tap broke  in the reciever and it took like a hour to get out, thank god I got it out with no dammage.  I am going to take to range after I put on the muzzle.  I Lazer Bore sighted it at so far at 25 yards it was dead on , but we will see

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
They made a few million 1903/1903A3 Springfield rifles, too. Look how hard it is to find an unmolested one now, because everyone took that same attitude. Same thing with K98 Mauser rifles. If you want a project in the future, why not buy a stripped receiver and SAVE a Mosin instead of chopping up a pristine piece of history?

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
Mosin1942 said:
Hope you didn't drill in to that receiver to put that scope on, and didn't ruin the original bolt body... ESPECIALLY on a pre-war Tula Hex receiver.
I would paint my pre-war Tula Hex bright green! :p There's not just millions of them. There's tens of millions of them!

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1317513425.45786/s-0/

I like the black ATI mosin set up. Looks sharp and clean.

·
OnTargetGuy
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha Ha Ha Funny ItsaNYThing That would be cool to see!  Destro Thanks,  Your Mosin looks cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.