Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I got a Kabar blade, the Famine Tanto. It came with terrible green grips, and is part of their Zombie Killer line of blades. Awesome knife, and the green really grew on me. Anyways, I wanted to destroy a rare unique priceless artifact of history, a 1942 91/30, and at the urging of my brother, Ahesse, I decided to do the same colors as the knife. Being that the Mosin would be a pretty awesome zombie gun. I cut down the stock, cut down the barrel, recrowned, polished the bolt, did some trigger work, and duracoated. Purists, turn back now.

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Mommy, my eyes hurt...... 8)

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
but why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not? Got to practice my duracoating, shorten a barrel, shorten a stock, crown a barrel, polish a bolt and trigger. Mosins are a home gunsmith's best friend. And I can always get a new stock to do a different color or finish. I will most likely not even bother though, and just get another mosin down the road, to do more blasphemous things to.:stirthepot

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Did you free float it? Becomes even more accurate when you do. O and make it glo in the dark for easy find, and a seperate compartment for the knife that would be awsome.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I admit I cringed when I read your description, but it's actually pretty damn cool.  :)

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bedded the action, and glow in the dark would make it even more over the top... And I had planned on mounting the knife into the stock, but the knife is too large, didnt want to chance compromising the integrity of the stock. I will mount it somehow, possible a sheath mounted  along the rear left side of the stock, but I havent gotten that far yet.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Ugh... why would you do that to a mosin. The rifle was fine the way it was.

Point at fascist, pull trigger. 'nuff said.

I have a friend with a rake who would like to have a word with you.

I just took my crazy ruskie bitch out today actually with some mates. Forgot how much fun it was shooting her, as well as introducing her to new shooters. :D (after the .22 of course)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Nice... Reminds me of the Bianchi Green fiasco from around 1980... they started painting their bicycles a color similar to this, people loved it or they hated it, no in-between. ...It does kinda grow on you though.

......Like fungus. 8)

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
Awesome job on the gun man, matches the knife perfectly.  I agree, the crowning job looks very well done....and you didnt ruin a piece of history, you made a new piece. I love it!

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Gives new meaning to the phrase "wearin' of the green". Nice job.

Dov

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Parashooter said:
Nice... Reminds me of the Bianchi Green fiasco from around 1980... they started painting their bicycles a color similar to this, people loved it or they hated it, no in-between. ...It does kinda grow on you though.

......Like fungus. 8)
Bianchi isn't quite that neon though.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts
Use clear glo in the dark paint on the stock and spell out ZOMBIE with a few splatters :)

Nice, but would never do it to one of mine.

·
Sharp Shooter!
446 Posts
it does grow on you.  Snap On tools has a similar green. a coworker always liked it. i'm starting to like it too.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
You did a nice crowning job. Cut down the cleaning rod and mount the knife as a bayonet and it would be pretty awesome. Glad to see more people preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.