Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Mom aiding shot husband is shot by child

1K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Johnc 
#1 ·
BAY MINETTE, Ala. - A small child accidentally shot his mother Saturday night after finding the gun by the side of his injured father - who had just accidentally shot himself, the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said.

More weird news Mom aiding accidentally shot husband accidentally shot

..Around 9 p.m. the BCSO was alerted to the shooting at 4621 Old Carney Road in Bay Minette. When they arrived at the home they found Allen and Aleisha Jones injured by gunshots.

The couple's two small children were at the residence when the incident happened. Their daughter was upstairs asleep at the time.

When questioned by authorities, Allen Jones stated he had taken his Glock .40 handgun from the glove compartment of his truck. He was walking to the house when he tripped and fell. The gun discharged, and he was hit in the leg just above the knee, he told police.

Jones yelled to his wife for help. Aleisha Jones was upstairs bathing their young son when she heard her husband's call for help. When she arrived on the screened porch, she tried to secure the gun but her son beat her to it.

As she attempted to take the gun from the child, a round fired. Aleisha Jones was hit in the left side of her neck.

A neighbor heard the gunshots and cries for help and came to Aleisha Jones's aid. The neighbor's husband called 911.

When authorities arrived, Allen and Aleisha Jones were transported to USA Medical Center in Mobile.

Investigators say the individuals' stories parallel each other. At last report, the Joneses were in stable condition with injuries that did not appear life-threatening.

No charges have been filed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41837186/ns/local_news-mobile_al/

See less See more
#3 ·
Truth stranger then fiction.

#5 ·
So the father keeps his booger hook on the bang bang button and the gun goes off when he trips and falls. Mistake one.

He lays on the ground and has the mental fortitude to yell for help, but does not secure the weapon when he knows he has children in the house. Mistake two.

He does what while the child is taking aim at his wife?????????

You can't make this stuff up.

Prayers for the dysfunctional.

#6 ·
Johnc said:
So the father keeps his booger hook on the bang bang button and the gun goes off when he trips and falls. Mistake one.

He lays on the ground and has the mental fortitude to yell for help, but does not secure the weapon when he knows he has children in the house. Mistake two.

He does what while the child is taking aim at his wife?????????

You can't make this stuff up.

Prayers for the dysfunctional.
Think of it as thinning out the herd of the stupid.

The kid has a higher 1st round hit rating than most cops. :p

#8 ·
just what we need another poster child for the antis.....

#9 ·
I am calling BS.

There is way more to this.

If your falling aren't your hands going to go forward to brace your fall? Wouldn't the Glock be facing away from your leg?
How did her son who was in the bath tub.....beat her to the gun? Was the kid still naked and wet? Or was he dressed when he shot mom?

#17 ·
This is a wierd story.

Yet again... This is why I do not believe in keeping a round in the chamber. Every single accidental discharge story I have ever heard could have been avoided by just giving up that extra "+1" for the sake of safety. And don't tell me about the time it takes to chamber a round being crucial... Quickdraw situations are pretty rare from my understanding, and chambering a round can be done while unholstering the pistol without adding any more time than thumbing the safety would.

#20 ·
AkunaMatata said:
This is a wierd story.

Yet again... This is why I do not believe in keeping a round in the chamber. Every single accidental discharge story I have ever heard could have been avoided by just giving up that extra "+1" for the sake of safety. KEEPING YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE. And don't tell me about the time it takes to chamber a round being crucial... Quickdraw situations are pretty rare from my understanding, and chambering a round can be done while unholstering the pistol without adding any more time than thumbing the safety would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.