Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
It amazes me how fast 6 months have gone by since he passed (3/13/14).

I remember all the wonderful words the rabbi, all the people that spoke, the military burial, folding of the flag and playing of Taps, a full NYC Dept of Corrections honor guard, not a dry eye in the chapel. The procession to the graveside, lowering of the casket, the mourner's kaddish, shoveling of dirt onto the casket.

Fast forward to Sat, 9/13/14, my mom flies in from Florida so that she can spend time with the family for the upcoming holidays and kids birthdays. Picking of the stone, debating with the family about the inscription. Helping my mom settle my father's affairs.

·
Mr. ¼ MOA
3,104 Posts
God bless everyone that we have lost. It is hard, especially
when you're hit with a déjà vu at an event that reminds you
of the good times & how great it was to have them around.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

My father passed on Easter Sunday 2014 so I can relate. He
too had military funeral honors. The US flag is with my sister.

I always say that they are back home with the eternal divine of
all creation & time. How nice that must be. Keep the memories.

Peace,
GH-07

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mine passed in January of 2008. Six years, nine months and 12 days, and it is still hard to believe at times. Then I lost my Mom a few days before Christmas last year. So difficult not having parents around to enjoy the good times with.

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,747 Posts
very tough losing family members. it's especially hard when you are close to them. My Dad is also my best friend, mentor, tax adviser, fellow history buff, & a thousand other things. So you're losing so much more than just a family member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Same here. You never get over missing them. I quote my Mom too many times a day. Lost my Brother two years ago as well. I am an orphan.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Sorry for your loss . I lost my dad in 1975 , wish I had more time with him .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Planted flowers on Dad,s grave yesterday. DOD 2-2013. Having better memories now. You can be there to help your Mom. Thats a blessing to her, alone. Thanks for sharing this.

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,472 Posts
My deepest sympathies to each and everyone one of you gentlemen for your loss. My dad passed away August 27th 2012 . He lost his fight with cancer. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him or something comes up that reminds of him. I miss him terribly but there is comfort to be taken in knowing our dad's are always with us. They have shaped us into the men we are today. God bless.

Reactions: dj24hr

·
Registered
553 Posts
People ask,if possible, who is the one person in history you could talk to. Without hesitation it is my father. I was 4 when he died.
Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
My dad passed in 2007 ,hunting shooting and reloading partner, not a day passes that I
Do not think how things use to be

·
Registered
236 Posts
My Dad passed away 8/23/13. My mother in law 9/4/14 So many things I never got to do with them. I know my dad was there to welcome my mother in law. They were two crazy personalities! I miss them every day. My mother in law was my 8yr old sons best friend, we are all heart broken. They say time dulls the pain...we will see!

Condolences go out to all LIF families who are mourning the loss of a loved one.

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
My dad was a SeeBee in WWII drove the landing crafts to the beach, Omaha Beach. He gave it all to his country and suffered greatly because of it. Now we willingly give away what our soldiers,sailors,and marines,died,bled,and still suffer for everyday . Go ahead give Iraq back to the terrorist, you will never get another hero back there to defend it again .IN THE NAME OF DEMOCRACY.

I say it every November when are we going to get rid of these fools.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts