Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Was going to apply for my Residence Premise handgun license in NYC about a year ago, but unfortunately had a run in with the law for a misdemeanor (fishing without a license in Virginia... I actually had 2 licenses, didn't realize I needed a 3rd...). Thankfully, the charge was dismissed after I paid the fines, and I'm thinking of finally applying for the license.

I have 3 run ins with the law (2 moving traffic violations, and 1 summons). I've never been "cuffed", and haven't been convicted of anything aside from the 2 moving traffic violations.

1) Speeding ticket 2011 - Guilty
2) Failure to obey traffic control device - 2014 - guilty
3) Fishing without a license (misdemeanor) - 2014 - Dismissed

I just want to hear from the community that's been through the NYC process whether they think these "run ins" will be a problem. I spoke to two "NYC firearm consultants" today, one of which was retired NYPD and actually supervised the 1 PP licensing division, and both said that I should have no problem getting my residence premise license. Thoughts? Thanks to all.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Nobody can be prevented from exercising a constitutional right because of non-violent misdemeanor convictions.
Also, you don't need to pay anyone to get you a pistol permit. Those companies don't have special info or means of getting it through.
Apply, don't take any ominous warnings from the licensing people that you may not pass. They bluff a lot of people out of finishing the process.

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,868 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.