Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Fun guns
both cals.mentioned are pretty much samo samo one is civilian designation the other military
enjoy
Negative. 5.56nato has slightly different specs and higher pressure. Not designed to be shot in barrels labeled .223. Barrels can't handle the pressure of the mil spec round. Chance of kaboom!

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Some rifle ..... Enjoy her

Reactions: nyc_dawg1997

·
Banned
10,833 Posts
dont know yet, I have a crappy $35 scope from amazon .. =)) any recommendation for a red dot?
I have a Vortex and it's fared pretty well so far. Depends on your price range though. Aimpoint is great and if you want Holographic then EOtech. They're going to run a few hundred though. There are also some from Primary Arms that are supposed to be good if you don't want something too expensive.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
There was a time when Mini's were common and AR's were pretty rare. So I wanted AR's. Then everybody got AR's and I actually liked the ole' Mini's better (the "Iron and Wood" Garand/M1A/M14 thing, I guess) and collected a few "pre-bans". Now that AR's are "evil" in this state, Mini's are again gaining popularity.

LOVE the Mini's. Good luck with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.