Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
They can "keep their weapons as long as they register them". Right, You worked so hard to drive out the cartel, and then your going to register your gun to the same incompetent government that couldn't control the situation in the first place. I have a feel these people won't be complying any time soon though.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Wonder what will happen when the government decides they no longer need the vigilantes, the ones who registered with the military. Something tells me they wont be about to give up their arms.

Good on those farmers, They need people fighting who are fighting for their homes and are more immune to corruption.

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
We should be able to do this on both sides of the border!

"Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges!
I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Attachments

Reactions: shooter

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
I would like to clear up a little something I find mischaracterizing.

My understanding is that vigilantism is retaliatory and punitive against some other person(s) for a perceived wrongdoing.

It is also my understanding that these guys are performing a defensive, protective role against the cartels doing things like burning their homes and businesses and killing their families if they don't pay "protection money".

As such, I consider them a militia, and practically heroes (I don't use that word very lightly) as opposed to vigilantes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just hope the militias don't fall for what their so called government has to offer. A corrupt government only cares to help itself.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I would like to clear up a little something I find mischaracterizing.

My understanding is that vigilantism is retaliatory and punitive against some other person(s) for a perceived wrongdoing.

It is also my understanding that these guys are performing a defensive, protective role against the cartels doing things like burning their homes and businesses and killing their families if they don't pay "protection money".

As such, I consider them a militia, and practically heroes (I don't use that word very lightly) as opposed to vigilantes.
I agree, Militia is a more fitting title for what they are doing. But why would a government want to recognize a militia? Militias are threats to corrupt governments.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
"Vigilante leaders will have to submit a list of their members to the Defense Department, and the army will apparently oversee the groups, which the government said "will be temporary." They will be allowed to keep their weapons as long as they register them with the army."

Yeah.... at which time the Mexican army will promptly hand the information over to the cartels...

Paul

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm inclined to believe that if the people got to the point of forming militias.... they know very well that the government is too corrupt to protect their information from the cartels.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts

Reactions: iGreg

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
I agree, Militia is a more fitting title for what they are doing. But why would a government want to recognize a militia? Militias are threats to corrupt governments.
Maybe it's an opportunity for the Gov't to de-corruptify itself and also to remain in the good graces of the people, who are becoming increasingly frustrated with the inability of the Government and Army (and Police, I guess somebody will accuse me of being a Mexican Police Basher now) to protect them.

·
Banned
4,780 Posts
The only thing stopping the Mexican drug cartels from forming their own rural defense groups is....well nothing.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,515 Posts
So that they know who they are and can disperse and disarm them whenever they want.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
more like deputizing

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
The only thing stopping the Mexican drug cartels from forming their own rural defense groups is....well nothing.
I've read that maybe they've done just that. Some suggest that the vigilantes are working for other cartels looking to get a bigger piece of the pie. Is it true? I have no idea but in a country as corrupt as Mexico seems to be I wouldn't discount the possibility.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts