Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the Jones Beach Christmas Light display tonight. Looking for good mexican food between there and Stony Brook on the way home. This is with the wife and two kids under 10 years old. So willing to sacrifice a little "authenticity" to avoid shady neighborhoods/impossible parking situations.

Where's the good stuff??

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. We've done On the Border before. Taco Joes was the one we were considering. Still haven't made a decision yet.

I'll let you know where we end up.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
While the atmosphere is a bit "dive" I prefer Three Amigos to Taco Joe's.

http://www.yelp.com/...massapequa-park
Three Amigos is great if you don't mind a small pizza-place atmosphere, great food, good prices - This is their second store, the other is in Northport - I used to drive up there just for their enchiladas - and pushed them to open down here (haven't seen the owner in a while so I don't know if my nudging did it or not...)

If you want a more upscale restaurant, there's Don Juan on Merrick Rd, just east of Park Blvd. (and a block west of Massapequa High School) very good food, still decent pricing too.

Both are less than ten minutes from the wantagh parkway...

....There is a mexican place on Merrick rd, WEST of wantagh parkway... don't recall the name, but it is on the north side, before you pass the 7-11 on the south side... Some friends I know say it's very good too.

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
Funchos in Riverhead and Westhampton beach berry berry goot. old Mexican women cooking in the kitchen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts