Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
airbrushart
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was asked if there are any metal detector shops on Long Island, she is looking for one to use on the beach, I told her she will need a permit to do it. Looking for one for salt water environment, only place I remember was in Brooklyn on Flatlands Ave not even sure if they are still around. I told her to buy it online, but she would like to handle them first, like us with guns.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Here is the info:

Treasures Unlimited
Hobby Store
240 Medford Ave # A, Patchogue, NY 11772
(631) 447-6910

Never been there but pass it all the time -
Unfortunately they closed about a month ago. There were great guys there the few time I dealt with them.
He cut his hours down a lot a while back and then ended up closing completely maybe a month ago. Building is for sale now.

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
Unfortunately they closed about a month ago. There were great guys there the few time I dealt with them.
He cut his hours down a lot a while back and then ended up closing completely maybe a month ago. Building is for sale now.
Shame. They were great to deal with and took their time answering questions. Bought 2 Whites from them and never a problem.

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
Seems like they moved?

Treasures Unlimited Nassau
516-785-1618
Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm, Friday till 7 pm (Closed Sunday and Monday).
2811b Merrick Rd
Bellmore, NY 11710

·
airbrushart
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow up question where do you need to go for a LI metal detector permit? Does Belmont issue them where you get a 4X4 beach permit?

·
airbrushart
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did a search for permit came up with this not sure if it is current or not

METAL DETECTOR PERMIT
Permits are $40 and can be purchased at Babylon Headquarters - Permit Office. Permit is valid from January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015. A permit can also be obtained by sending a letter of request including name, address and phone number along with payment, and a business size self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Metal Detector Permit P.O. Box 247 Babylon, NY 11702

·
win support for firearms - train a new shooter
1,671 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Seems like they moved?

Treasures Unlimited Nassau
516-785-1618
Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm, Friday till 7 pm (Closed Sunday and Monday).
2811b Merrick Rd
Bellmore, NY 11710
Went to their website ( http://www.treasuresunlimited-ny.com/ ) and it looks like they had 2 stores. Not sure if the Bellmore location is still open or if he retired and closed both (hope for the former). I can see the Patchogue location being closed as I passed by there daily and it was usually empty. The few times I was in there, no one else ever was.

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
Went to their website ( http://www.treasuresunlimited-ny.com/ ) and it looks like they had 2 stores. Not sure if the Bellmore location is still open or if he retired and closed both (hope for the former). I can see the Patchogue location being closed as I passed by there daily and it was usually empty. The few times I was in there, no one else ever was.
Bellmore store is open and they have good prices.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I'll take her to the Bellmore shop
She should like it. My first time at their store in Patchogue they actually do a 15-20 or so minute demonstration/lesson on the detectors for free. Very informative.

·
airbrushart
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We went to Treasures Unlimited today, Mike the owner was excellent he explained everything she wanted to know, not a rush in buy something and on to the next customer. I ended up buying a set of excellent headphones fully adjustable, his prices are as go as ordering online with one exception you have to pay the "albany creeper" tax.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.