Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this store has been gone for quite a while but the other store posts triggered my memory. What ever happened to Merrick Sportsman (in Merrick of course)? A friend of mine's Dad used to manage the shop back in the mid 80's. I think his name was Stephen Weiss. With the "older" ;) members here I'm sure some may have the answer. Did SouthShore Sportsman take it over on sunrise??

Merrick Sportsman was great. That shop got me into fly fishing and shooting. Bought my first rifle there too. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Pretty sure they went out of business a long time ago........Dunkin Donuts is there now....If I remember, Mark from Hunter Sports used to work there.....Owner was Jimmy-(Greek accent)...nice guy

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Jimmy owned the gun shop, and the seafood restaurant ( Merrick Marlin ? ) across the street. His family closed the store after he had a very serious stroke. When he passed away, the family sold the real estate.

I bird hunted a few times over Jimmy's dog, a beautiful chocolate lab. I can't for the life of me remember that dog's name.

RIP Jimmy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.