Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is out with the dog at a dog rescue function all day in Oyster Bay at the arboretum... had a chance to run to the range!

Nice and quiet while I was there... maybe two other shooters...

Finally had a chance to shoot my G21 for this first time. Was not sure what to expect since I had never shot a 45 ACP pistol before... I've heard the G21 is one of the softer shooting 45s.

Shot 100 rounds to get a feel for it... after the first few shots I got used to the "kick" and was impressed/surprised how fast you can get used to it!

The funniest thing was when I switched to the G19 (Yes, a Glock day today... McFly would be happy!), it felt like I was shooting a cap gun or a water pistol in comparison!

OK, fun over... time to go in the backyard and make myself productive!

Enjoy the day all!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm getting ready to meet a friend at a nearby range. 870P and 10/22TD on the menu today. Some practice for the upcoming LIPSA match. Range day is the best day!

Reactions: John060404

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,472 Posts
Wife is out with the dog at a dog rescue function all day in Oyster Bay at the arboretum... had a chance to run to the range!

Nice and quiet while I was there... maybe two other shooters...

Finally had a chance to shoot my G21 for this first time. Was not sure what to expect since I had never shot a 45 ACP pistol before... I've heard the G21 is one of the softer shooting 45s.

Shot 100 rounds to get a feel for it... after the first few shots I got used to the "kick" and was impressed/surprised how fast you can get used to it!

The funniest thing was when I switched to the G19 (Yes, a Glock day today... McFly would be happy!), it felt like I was shooting a cap gun or a water pistol in comparison!

OK, fun over... time to go in the backyard and make myself productive!

Enjoy the day all!
An awesome way to start your morning John. Decisions decisions, which gun and caliber will you run at the defensive pistol courses.

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,472 Posts
FYI... I'm in! I will most likely take my VP9 since I feel the most comfortable with it... it's still my favorite so far!
Fantastic! Looking forward to it.

Reactions: John060404
1 - 5 of 5 Posts