Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been going there every other week for a couple months now. Pistol caliber only so im limited in what I can bring with me as far as rifles. Great place, the owner Charlie is a good guy and very helpful if you have questions (laws, guns, etc). The range it self is great. Good ventilation, lightings good, every bay works. And very clean for a range. I was there yesterday and there was actually a line if people waiting to shoot. Every bay was full and not one problem with smoke. Id highly reccomend you guys should check it out.

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
I've been going weekly for years with my dad (I drop off a bit during hunting season). I was there today, and I must say, they definitely worked on the ventilation. It was working noticeably better. Great place to go on a weekday. If you see a tall guy with tattoo's shooting with his dad on a monday, it's probably me!

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I've been there too............during the week it's empty.  Good Lights, Good ventilation, good target holders.  Works for me !!

·
Registered
292 Posts
gunsngolf said:
I've been going weekly for years with my dad (I drop off a bit during hunting season). I was there today, and I must say, they definitely worked on the ventilation. It was working noticeably better. Great place to go on a weekday. If you see a tall guy with tattoo's shooting with his dad on a monday, it's probably me!
You left out extreamly ugly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good place to shoot and chat with Charlie (make sure you ask him if you can see a gun in the case) lol. Though I agree with scottzilla - it needs a wee bit more exhaust when the range is full- especially when cheap .22 ammo is being shot..

·
Vote 2A
1,878 Posts
ItsaNYThing said:
Ive been going there every other week for a couple months now. Pistol caliber only so im limited in what I can bring with me as far as rifles. Great place, the owner Charlie is a good guy and very helpful if you have questions (laws, guns, etc). The range it self is great. Good ventilation, lightings good, every bay works. And very clean for a range. I was there yesterday and there was actually a line if people waiting to shoot. Every bay was full and not one problem with smoke. Id highly reccomend you guys should check it out.
Charlie is a great guy but he's not the owner he just works there Bensons owns the place its definately a much better choice than LISC.

·
Registered
629 Posts
scottzilla said:
I've walked out of there with my eyes burning and sneezing black snot numerous times. Don't get me wrong-I like the place but caling it clean and well ventilated is laughable. :).
That was my experience the last time I was there but that was about 8 months ago so something might have changed there. I stopped in there the weekend before last and there was a line. Asked the guy behind the counter to see a Colt Office 1911 45ACP he showed it to me without amy looks then when I asked him if he had anymore 1911's he said no, I should go to Benson's that they have a pretty good selection of them so overall he was very pleasant.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have been there 5 times in the last month and a half. The three different employees I've dealt with have been great. The ventilation has improved greatly in the last few weeks.  Ammo at the range is quite a bit more than Wal mart but thats what you get for forgetting to check your bag before heading out to range:)

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
NY Survivalist said:
Yeah I agree, Charlie is a good guy. But the air quality sucks. It's time for a new vent system,
I agree shot there last week. Me shootin my 38 an 22/45 and a kid shooting a hi piont the air went shitey fast. Im going to try to go shooting tomorrow but need to cut the floor out of the bathroom first.

·
Master Baiter
1,470 Posts
Do they allow a 22lr to be shot in the range?
Their site kinda sucks for info and the pics are so small you can't see anything.

Second...the pass they offer their...is there any limitations on that pass? So many hours a year/day or can you just live there?

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
I just wish Charlie and friends would cut down on all the take out food and donuts. They are going to heart attacks and those puppies are to big to drag up them stairs.

·
Master Baiter
1,470 Posts
sounds good and its cheap if you go plinkin a lot.
Previously someone said its crazy busy in the evening...
What hours are the best and easiest to get a stall?

Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have been going there for awhile now. I go shooting with my friends and daughter. I feel the place is one of if not the best indoor ranges around, clean, bright and good air. But I must say by FAR Charlie is the best asset there. He is very knowagable. He also kids around with my Daughter and makes her feel comfortable in a mostly male enviroment. Dave you should be THANKFUL to have such a good employee!!!!! Most of the times I have been going there there has been a line and I am seeing alot more women too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.