Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
Why bother with "mixed squads" ... a real test would have been head to head ..all female vs all male... equal or not .....

And this is not to disrespect WM's ... the Marines have the distinction of having segregated boot camp ..females train with other females have female DI's and earn the title Marine...but to believe that this folly will add to combat effectiveness is asinine.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
In all seriousness, how do you train a female soldiers to be prepared for rape or worse if captured??

We know some if the female soldiers captured during Desert Storm were accosted.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
I don't care who is in the service as long as the standards are not lowered and no exceptions are made. That being said, a fighting force should be formed based on effectiveness, not some rosy PC view of the world. And if that means that an all male squad is more effective than that's what should be on the battlefield.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Liberal Logic 501:
The United States Marine Corps is arguably the finest fighting force in modern warfare.
Let's mess with it.
It's not fair we have the best in the world.

I'm sure the French think their military is the best, as do the Italians, as do the Dutch......

[Paraphrase from Obama]

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I wish I could find a link right now. But I can't.

I read something very interesting about observations made by the Israel Defense Forces. The problem wasn't the women being incapable on the front lines. The problem they noticed was the difference in reaction of the men when women were injured.

Man #1 sees Man #2 get shot, Man #1 fights on. Man #1 sees a woman get shot, and there was a nearly uncontrollable urge to help her. Even when trained to overcome this reaction, there was still hesitation. Which, of course, could lead to 2 soldiers down instead of just one.

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Having lost two seriously choice billets to much less qualified female sailors when I was in the Navy, I'm always a little leery of any attempts at "mixing" forces.

That being said, I have served with some out-damn-standing women that I would rather have beside me in ANY circumstance over some of the "men" I served with.

IF they can demonstrably do the job to the same standard expected of the men, let them have their place in line. And that does NOT mean lowering the overall standard so that women can meet it. But then, again, most of today's "men" can't meet the standards of old either.

Reactions: Ramone and pequa1

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Regardless of the possible combat effectiveness of a few females…. This is not a fighter squadron, where living conditions on an airbase can be normalized for genders. Ground troops must be able to perform bodily functions and sleep huddled together. They must rely on each other equally without giving a second thought to protecting the weak member of the team instead of the task at hand.
Mixing genders under those conditions is not in agreement with these requirements. It's not who we are as a society and has no place in our military. I did not serve but that's my take on it.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
The last place we should be doing social experimentation is the military. Really, did it take an exhaustive study, costing who knows how much in tax dollars, to figure out women that in general will not perform as well in combat as men? Set standards and whoever can meet those standards, male or female is in, anyone else is out.

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
I wish I could find a link right now. But I can't.

I read something very interesting about observations made by the Israel Defense Forces. The problem wasn't the women being incapable on the front lines. The problem they noticed was the difference in reaction of the men when women were injured.

Man #1 sees Man #2 get shot, Man #1 fights on. Man #1 sees a woman get shot, and there was a nearly uncontrollable urge to help her. Even when trained to overcome this reaction, there was still hesitation. Which, of course, could lead to 2 soldiers down instead of just one.
Knowing how I react when I see a woman cry I have no doubt about the point raised with respect to reaction to seeing someone injured.

One the other hand the issue isn't whether any individual woman is "capable" but whether women in general are the most capable for doing this particular job (serving in a combat role). This study seems to prove they are not. Unless there is another study that shows women somehow enhance the fighting capability of a force in a way that negates the negatives displayed in this study there is no reason other than political correctness forcing this policy forward.

Women are different then men. In some situations those differences are an asset. In other situations they are detrimental. With respect to combat those differences are generally a detriment. This is from the husband of a very capable wife and three capable daughters, one that served in the military.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The last place we should be doing social experimentation is the military. Really, did it take an exhaustive study, costing who knows how much in tax dollars, to figure out women that in general will not perform as well in combat as men? Set standards and whoever can meet those standards, male or female is in, anyone else is out.
But you see that's exactly where they will do it, as they have in the police and fire departments, since they are government agencies and thus under their control. Their even more leftist counterparts in Europe have essentially dismantled their militaries entirely after completely demoralizing their warrior class with tranny officers, kid glove rules of engagement, and political correctness.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
in training at Fort Sill I had to replace the #1 man on our 155 after I did my own long shift. He simply did not have the upper body strength to continuously load 90lb projos. Pretty sure he could lap me on the 2 mile run back then though, lol. I have known a few women who could have been our #1. Not many, but a few. Ignore the gender, enforce the standard.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
From the article.
[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]"A military unit at maximum combat effectiveness is a military unit least likely to suffer casualties. Winning in war is often only a matter of inches, and unnecessary distraction or any dilution of the combat effectiveness puts the mission and lives in jeopardy. Risking the lives of a military unit in combat to provide career opportunities or accommodate the personal desires or interests of an individual, or group of individuals, is more than bad military judgment. It is morally wrong."[/background]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.