Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
I don't care how many times I read this story,I just start laughing!

Anybody out partying make sure you drunk dial Dwight and his friends.
It's your right to free speech. Dwight and his paper would argue for that of course

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
I feel safer now knowing where they are.....

IMHO...journalists are more dangerous than licensed gun owners....

Reactions: Aquabach

·
11,589 Posts
BTW...which one has the NYC permit & has a 357? I know it was mentioned somewhere.

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You gotta love Dwight's Bio....
"He also serves as a database reporter for the publications, using computer-assisted reporting techniques to develop a wide range of stories about diversity, race, immigration and how changing demographics have impacted the Lower Hudson Valley"

Meaning: "He looks stuff up and prints it." Tuff job.

·
11,589 Posts
You gotta love Dwight's Bio....
"He also serves as a database reporter for the publications, using computer-assisted reporting techniques to develop a wide range of stories about diversity, race, immigration and how changing demographics have impacted the Lower Hudson Valley"

Meaning: "He looks stuff up and prints it." Tuff job.
well then, if he "works" for many different publications, shouldn't all of those reporters, editors, & staff, at those publications, also be added to the list?

Reactions: pmoney

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
OK, so now if any of these gun owners receive threats from the "tolerant" progressive community, now they'll have the "proper cause" for full carry I assume ? unless of course now the police departments will be open to lawsuits if they deny anyone who has received threats and said people are assaulted and were denied full carry following a threat.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Precisely what I was saying yesterday.
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Fountain said he was angered by calls from victims of domestic abuse with gun permits who were worried their whereabouts had been inadvertently revealed
[/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Then you have the retired police on the list too..[/background]

Reactions: mongo and Tonto

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Personally I think that paper /staff gave the gun agenda a big kick in the Butt. Even Michelle Schimel is pissed about it This could deep six the AWB plans There are a lot of angry people that are screaming about their 4th Amendment rights being violated

Reactions: TheMongoose

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
LoL.... Karma. No info is posted that wasn't "publicly available" through social media and other sources, Turnabout seems like fair play in this case!
This is great

I hope she gets everything that's coming

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Personally I think that paper /staff gave the gun agenda a big kick in the Butt. Even Michelle Schimel is pissed about it This could deep six the AWB plans There are a lot of angry people that are screaming about their 4th Amendment rights being violated
Schimel is pissed? About her agenda getting torpedoed or permit holders getting outed? Do tell more please.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mongoose I have worked with her on Veterans Affairs That is another of her pet projects since her Dad is decorated WW2 Vet and American Legion. I know one of her Staffers quite well and was talking to him yesterday. Michelle feels that this paper has done her agenda harm, in that people who had supported her will now turn against her. She counts on upstate support as well as LI This is what I know at present Could this 4th Amend. violation make a difference? We will have to wait and see

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
I think we should FOIL the info on our distinguished legislators up in Albany and see which of the hypocrites from upstate (who probably have full carry permits issued by their buddy County Court judges) vote for any ban.

PS: I'll bet Chucky Schumer has one too!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Mongoose I have worked with her on Veterans Affairs That is another of her pet projects since her Dad is decorated WW2 Vet and American Legion. I know one of her Staffers quite well and was talking to him yesterday. Michelle feels that this paper has done her agenda harm, in that people who had supported her will now turn against her. She counts on upstate support as well as LI This is what I know at present Could this 4th Amend. violation make a difference? We will have to wait and see
So every cloud does have a silver lining after all.... Hmmm, maybe we could get the Journal News to print more stories that undermine Ms. Schimel's agenda....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
So every cloud does have a silver lining after all.... Hmmm, maybe we could get the Journal News to print more stories that undermine Ms. Schimel's agenda....
That is quite possible my Brother. Mongoose Having served my Country for 27 years, I have developed a certain faith in my fellow Americans. We are a resiliant lot who react very adversley to being told what we can and cannot do

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Let us hope SFC, let us hope. My only fear is that the NYS Assembly is populated mostly by muppets, who are impervious to reason. The Senate needs to hold the line.

·
Registered
521 Posts
http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/blog-turns-tables-on-gun-map-paper-85520.html?ml=la

By KATIE GLUECK | 12/27/12 7:37 AM EST Updated: 12/27/12 11:06 AM EST

A blogger who retaliated against a New York newspaper that came under fire for identifying people with gun licenses in its circulation area explained on Thursday why he published the names and home addresses of the paper's employees.
"Well, I just thought they were being hypocrites," said Christopher Fountain on CNN's "Early Start." "In the aftermath of Newtown, it was obviously one tragedy, but somehow they were conflating legal gun owners with some crazed tormented devil up in Newtown and putting the two together. And I was offended by that and I wondered how they would like it if their addresses were published."

Fountain's blog on Wednesday linked to a map that identified - with pictures - employees of the suburban New York newspaper, the Journal News, as well as their places of residence. That move came several days after the Journal News published interactive maps of Westchester and Rockland counties, which named people with gun licenses and included their addresses - igniting outrage from the right and from some readers.
"We knew publication of the database [as well as the accompanying article providing context] would be controversial, but we felt sharing information about gun permits in our area was important in the aftermath of the Newtown shootings," Janet Hasson, president and publisher of the Journal News Media Group, told POLITICO Wednesday in a statement.

In an accompanying piece, the paper had said that some citizens "would like lawmakers to expand the amount of information the public can find out about gun owners" after the Newtown massacre.
Fountain swung back at that response.
"Well, she could have just published the number of gun permits, which is actually quite small, if she wanted to show an issue that there are 2,000 legally registered guns in her county, fine," he said. "But the fact that they put the addresses - I've received e-mails from abused women who were under protective order and in hiding and they're terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map."
He added that he was giving the paper a taste of its own medicine.
"The media has been exposing, harassing personal details of people for a long time," Fountain said. "I don't believe I'm escalating, I believe I'm punching back.
"My original point in posting this was to just show those particular reporters and the publisher what it feels like," he continued.
The map that was eventually posted offered a much more extensive list of Journal News employees.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts