Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Man died after shooting himself is all I got from local news reports. I am not at home to really look it up. This was in NJ

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
RANDOLPH, N.J. - Police are investigating after a man was fatally shot inside a gun range near Randolph, New Jersey Saturday night.

The shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. at the RTSP Shooting Range at 961 Route 10, authorities confirm.

Police say a 21-year-old man was killed when he shot himself inside the range. He was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries.

It is not known if the shooting was accidental or suicide.

The shooting is under investigation and considered to be an isolated incident.

No other injuries were reported.

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Sad. I think most ranges have cameras, so we will probably find out what happened.

I believe some popular ranges in NJ allow women to shoot by themselves, but not men. I assume suicide might be the reason. Does anyone know anything about that?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Range owners I have spoken to in the last year have said they put policies in place for this reason. Mainly they will not rent a handgun to a single person coming to the range by themselves. Others put a dedicated RSO with single individuals. They feel that if someone has their own weapon then they will most likely commit suicide elsewhere. If people come in a group then most likely will not do anything. It's the single renters that is the biggest concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts