Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word that the Bellmore-Merrick school district is on lockdown at the direction of NCPD because someone was spotted on Sunrise highway with a rifle. There is "speculation" that the person might have purchased the rifle from the gun shop right in the area.

at this clown world we live in.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Is it just me, or, as more and more of this kinds of "lock downs" seem to be happening over very minor/trivial things they are laying the foundations for taking your children from you for their own protection w/o due process?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
"Lock Out" - All School Buildings Within The Bellmore-Merrick CHSD

Dear Parents & Guardians,

This is to inform you that all school buildings within the Bellmore-Merrick CHSD are currently in a "Lock Out". This very precautionary action has been taken due to an unconfirmed incident reported to the police of an armed man crossing Sunrise Highway near the Merrick train station.

A lock out includes the double checking that all exterior doors are locked, windows are closed and exterior blinds have been drawn. NOBODY will be allowed in or out of the building until the "Lock Out" has been lifted. We will update you with information as it becomes available. Please know that the safety and security of our kids is our primary focus.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
"Lock Out" - All School Buildings Within The Bellmore-Merrick CHSD

Dear Parents & Guardians,

This is to inform you that all school buildings within the Bellmore-Merrick CHSD are currently in a "Lock Out". This very precautionary action has been taken due to an unconfirmed incident reported to the police of an armed man crossing Sunrise Highway near the Merrick train station.

A lock out includes the double checking that all exterior doors are locked, windows are closed and exterior blinds have been drawn. NOBODY will be allowed in or out of the building until the "Lock Out" has been lifted. We will update you with information as it becomes available. Please know that the safety and security of our kids is our primary focus.
WOW

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
The phrase ..."fish in a barrel" should come to mind when " lock down" is enacted ... If there is a fire..the recommended response for children is not to hide in a closet or under the bed till help arrives.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Gun cases are inexpensive, no reason to park on Sunrise Hwy and walk to SSS when parking spots are close to the store.
used rifles do not come with boxes/cases and sometimes purchases come unexpectedly .

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Just got word that the Bellmore-Merrick school district is on lockdown at the direction of NCPD because someone was spotted on Sunrise highway with a rifle. There is "speculation" that the person might have purchased the rifle from the gun shop right in the area.

at this clown world we live in.
OK, what is your screen name and what did you buy?

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
And what if this person is never found?
Snoozeday and NoNews12 will go nuts for a few days, Liberal turd politicians will propose new legislation which will criminalize everything gun-related, and NY/LI will sink further into the depths where they already reside.

Excuse me, is my cynicism showing?

IHTFP

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
used rifles do not come with boxes/cases and sometimes purchases come unexpectedly .
Granted.

But I would think in this day&age in a state like NYS and especially on LI a shop would offer the buyer a box or a cheap cloth sock.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Granted.

But I would think in this day&age in a state like NYS and especially on LI a shop would offer the buyer a box or a cheap cloth sock.
Nah ...

Reactions: NRATC53

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Gun cases are inexpensive, no reason to park on Sunrise Hwy and walk to SSS when parking spots are close to the store.
Parking can be difficult by SSS. I am not sure the loony, bed wetting antis would be any less alarmed by a man carrying a rifle in a rifle case. The rectangular box they come in would be better. Might be a good idea for LGSs to keep a few extra boxes for used gun sales, or have loaner boxes for the customer to take their evil murder machines to their trunks without drawing the SWAT Team.

Maybe the Dick's "walk of shame" isn't so crazy on this crazy island.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Parking can be difficult by SSS. I am not sure the loony, bed wetting antis would be any less alarmed by a man carrying a rifle in a rifle case. The rectangular box they come in would be better. Might be a good idea for LGSs to keep a few extra boxes for used gun sales, or have loaner boxes for the customer to take their evil murder machines to their trunks without drawing the SWAT Team.

Maybe the Dick's "walk of shame" isn't so crazy on this crazy island.
REALLY ...

Reactions: ChiefSailer

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
In that case. I'm sure they have enough food in the school to last at least a little while. Think of it as sending the kids to camp that goes on until they hit 18 years old with an elementary school education.
I know you joke my friend, but that kind of scenario in a SHTF event concerns me

Reactions: Tonto
1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.