Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the economy dives lower to any point it's been in recent history, the crimes are getting more frequent, and unfortunately more upsetting..

"Cops: Man, 74, Beaten to Death with Bat in Random Attack at Walmart"

LAKEWOOD, Calif. (KTLA) -- Walmart shoppers and employees watched in horror as a 74-year-old man was beaten to death with a baseball bat inside the store Tuesday in what police say was an unprovoked attack.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lakewood-walmart-beating,0,1683724.story
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,439 Posts
They watched in horror? Hell, I'd be grabbing a bat too to take a swing at the attacker! Or, if, you know, you were permitted to CCW, just shoot the bastard.
 

·
That Guy
Joined
·
11,504 Posts
Cowards

If I was with my kids and un-armed their securty is number one but if I was there alone you gotta do what you gotta do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,632 Posts
Perp probably wants 3 hots and a cot courtesy of the state.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,551 Posts
Diane Feinstein will introduce legislation banning baseball bats tomorrow.
Wait and see!

Dov
 

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
Probably a gang initiation of some sort. Such a shame that individuals can have that much hate for their fellow man, a man that did not go out and interfere with his life in any way.
 

·
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
How the hell could people just stand around and WATCH?  I don't care how big, small, tall or short you are... just grab another bat and crack him on the head from behind. Sadly... in California, this would probably get YOU arrested for assault and you'd be tried right alongside the guy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jetfan1616 said:
How the hell could people just stand around and WATCH? I don't care how big, small, tall or short you are... just grab another bat and crack him on the head from behind. Sadly... in California, this would probably get YOU arrested for assault and you'd be tried right alongside the guy.
DA would give amnesty for his testimony against you! Then, to add insult to injury, you get served with a lawsuit from original attacker!
 

·
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
NYDeer said:
DA would give amnesty for his testimony against you! Then, to add insult to injury, you get served with a lawsuit from original attacker!
And god forbid you pick up a heavier WOOD bat or a HAMMER. That would be escalating the situation with assault of a deadly weapon.

We joke, but sadly... its a possibility in today's messed up legal system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
NYDeer said:
DA would give amnesty for his testimony against you! Then, to add insult to injury, you get served with a lawsuit from original attacker!
So sad that what you say is probably true.

We do not know the full story of what transpired, who knows if the old guy molested the guys daughter and he was "under duress" and finally snapped.

You try to intervene and help someone out and the next second your going to jail. You really have to think about these scenarios and say to yourself I am not going to get involved unless it is me or my family I need to protect.

Many years ago I was at a pistol safety course and the instructor explained to us a scenario where the neighbors wife was screaming her child was being kidnapped and she was raped. As it turns out the woman hit her ex-husband with a frying pan when he was coming to get his kid for the weekend and he beat her pretty bad and tried to get the kid in the car. All along the woman knew the neighbor had a pistol permit and did not know her situation with her ex-husband.

Fortunately the police got there as this guy was holding the kids father at gunpoint. That could have gone from bad to worse very quickly and the poor sob trying to help could have went to jail for a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,575 Posts
"Walmart shoppers and employees watched in horror"

No one did shit?

The cowardly nature of our society really amazes me more and more every day.
 

·
Clinger
Joined
·
4,824 Posts
Nice how they managed to black out the alleged attackers face on the news cast. Dont want anyone recognizing him or anything.  
 

·
Clinger
Joined
·
4,824 Posts
STACHYBOTRYS said:
So sad that what you say is probably true.

We do not know the full story of what transpired, who knows if the old guy molested the guys daughter and he was "under duress" and finally snapped.

You try to intervene and help someone out and the next second your going to jail. You really have to think about these scenarios and say to yourself I am not going to get involved unless it is me or my family I need to protect.

Many years ago I was at a pistol safety course and the instructor explained to us a scenario where the neighbors wife was screaming her child was being kidnapped and she was raped. As it turns out the woman hit her ex-husband with a frying pan when he was coming to get his kid for the weekend and he beat her pretty bad and tried to get the kid in the car. All along the woman knew the neighbor had a pistol permit and did not know her situation with her ex-husband.

Fortunately the police got there as this guy was holding the kids father at gunpoint. That could have gone from bad to worse very quickly and the poor sob trying to help could have went to jail for a long time.
By the looks of your avatar another excuse could be that he thouht the old man was turning into a zombie. What?! It could happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
You know Walmart is looking at a gazillion dollar lawsuit because the baseball bats are so readily accessible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
crashguy said:
By the looks of your avatar another excuse could be that he thouht the old man was turning into a zombie. What?! It could happen.
I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone said something.

Walmart does look like the Walking Dead. Sadly the zombies will not be eating any brains of the people who work there since they have none.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,632 Posts
NYDeer said:
DA would give amnesty for his testimony against you! Then, to add insult to injury, you get served with a lawsuit from original attacker!
And the company that made the bat would sue you for trademark infringement.
 

·
Clinger
Joined
·
4,824 Posts
May be they will start doing it like the  old Service Merchandise store ,  look at a picture of what you want then pay for it then give the guy the piece of paper with the number on it then it comes up from the basement.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top