Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
You'll never win an argument against the anti's with this, no matter how good an article it is, they'll just keep saying "he could have warned him instead of shot him" or "see, if nobody had a gun it wouldn't have happened". We could argue all day with the anti's that criminals will be criminals. If they don't have a gun it'll be a knife, if they don't have a knife it'll be a bat, if they don't have a bat it'll be a piece of 2x4. The kid made a choice to steal from someone and to point a gun at someone. I don't know about the anti's, but if a criminal points a gun at me, that means he could shoot me, and I'm not sitting there waiting to find out if he does or not. If he makes the choice to threaten me with a weapon, I'm free to remove that threat.

The anti's do not understand this, and they tend to have a 'well it never has and never will happen to me' perspective. I recently showed an anti instances of people being attacked by animals, saying that a person may need a firearm and a 30 round magazine to defend themselves against a number of animals or a large animal. It's not very frequent, but it obviously happens often. They laughed saying I was in my own world, and said how there were no coyotes or loose dogs in their neighborhood. Well good for them, but other people do have that problem, apparently the news articles I posted reporting those attacks are just fabrications of my imagination.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.