Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the gun manufacturers start selling their handguns with sub-10 round magazines in 2014, or will they just say screw NY(I wouldn't blame them), and stick with just 10 round and full capacity magazines?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
The gun manufactures basically said to NY go F yourself we are not making special magazines just for your stupid state. So as stated it was suspended. However, it is your responsibility to only load 7 rounds unless you are at the range. Keep NY safe!!! (that was sarcasm)

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,448 Posts
The mag can be capable of holding no more than 10 but you may not have more than 7 in the mag. That will remain, unless and until we can get judicial interdiction, preferably in the form of a stay of execution, for a start, then an overturn, in the long run..
Gary

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
............. when do the "normal" caps become illegal , jan 15 ?

·
Registered
11,571 Posts
The gun manufactures basically said to NY go F yourself we are not making special magazines just for your stupid state. So as stated it was suspended. However, it is your responsibility to only load 7 rounds unless you are at the range. Keep NY safe!!! (that was sarcasm)
If the state can trust us to load only 7 in a 10 round magazine - why can't they trust us to load only 7 in a 30 round magazine?

Then again, why don't they trust us with 8, 9, 10, 15, more... After all, unless someone is committing a crime what difference does it make how many rounds that someone has in his magazine?

It is simply another nibble at our rights.... nibble & bits, nibble & bits - gotta get more nibbles & bits. (didn't know that commercial was a prophecy did you?)

Reactions: Ransom

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
If the state can trust us to load only 7 in a 10 round magazine - why can't they trust us to load only 7 in a 30 round magazine?

Then again, why don't they trust us with 8, 9, 10, 15, more... After all, unless someone is committing a crime what difference does it make how many rounds that someone has in his magazine?

It is simply another nibble at our rights.... nibble & bits, nibble & bits - gotta get more nibbles & bits. (didn't know that commercial was a prophecy did you?)
very true, if we are only allowed to load 7 in a 10, then why not 7 in a 50.

the law was only written to make non-gun owners feel safer and a easy way for politicians to show they are actually doing something

·
Registered
626 Posts
Honestly this part of the law has no basis and will hopefully be struck down in the suit. My main issue would be a home defense situation where it was obvious the homeowner had loaded more than 7 rounds. There isn't a jury even in NY that would find that person guilty. Where does this limit become legally effective?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
............. when do the "normal" caps become illegal , jan 15 ?
Yes, as of 1/15/14, normal mags are illegal to posses. We will be stuck with crappy neutered mags.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
The only reason Der Fuhrer Cuomo backed off 7 round mags was to take away some of the teeth in the legal challenges. If he didn't feel he would lose in court, he would not have allowed the 10 round mags either.

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
The few arrests were 10 round magazines exceeding seven rounds of ammunition. I can see many illegal searches by Police. Hopefully a court decides this part of the law is unconstitutional.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Honestly this part of the law has no basis and will hopefully be struck down in the suit. My main issue would be a home defense situation where it was obvious the homeowner had loaded more than 7 rounds. There isn't a jury even in NY that would find that person guilty. Where does this limit become legally effective?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
I admire your optimism and trust in your "peers", many of whom are probably afraid of guns and never held one. I hope you are right, but having served on juries I have my doubts.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Will someone please inform the judiciary how many 10+ round magazines both manufacturer and aftermarket are in circulation both nationally and locally ?

Will someone please inform the legislature magazines are reusable and will remain in circulation ?

Will someone please inform both the legislature and the judiciary that criminals don't give a sh*t ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts