Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Not magazine fed so technically legal to own under Safe Act!
Yes, 100% correct.
However, it's the possession of a high capacity feeding device that bites you in the Butt. Does having 2500 "links" in your possession, disassembled constitute having a high capacity feeding device.
I would say it does not as I can legally assemble a 10 round belt, but idk anymore with this state and this vague law

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Yes, 100% correct.
However, it's the possession of a high capacity feeding device that bites you in the Butt. Does having 2500 "links" in your possession, disassembled constitute having a high capacity feeding device.
I would say it does not as I can legally assemble a 10 round belt, but idk anymore with this state and this vague law
The 240 can be run off DM1 belts instead of links. Those belts have the cartridge holders wired together, so if they were cut into 10 round segments they could not be remade into a longer belt (at least not without wiring them back together).

Added bonuses, the M240 off belts is 100% smoother than when used with the disintegrating M13 links that are NATO standard. Like night and day. Plus the belts can be reloaded with a crank style belt loader that is a pleasure to use vs pressing the M13 links in a conventional linker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.