Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking with a friend today at one of my clients, and he said that to buy a new gun and add it to your license takes months in Westchester, very much the way it is in Jersey.  I was telling him about the process in Suffolk County, and we both could not believe how different the process is IN THE SAME STATE !!!!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talking with a friend today at one of my clients, and he said that to buy a new gun and add it to your license takes months in Westchester, very much the way it is in Jersey.  I was telling him about the process in Suffolk County, and we both could not believe how different the process is IN THE SAME STATE !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
That's basically how it is. Your rights depend on your zip code.
Hopefully some day in the near future this will all change

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
That's basically how it is. Your rights depend on your zip code.
Hopefully some day in the near future this will all change

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
That may soon change everyone.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
That may soon change everyone.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I keep seeing/hearing about how this will soon change. What about the 6month background ck here in nass. any chance that's gonna change for the better. I'm still dumbfounded on a daily basis, that I can purchase as many rifle shotguns/rifles as I like subject to fbi ck, but can't buy a pistol without the unconstitutional background ck/wait. Not to mention the cost of obtaining the license ; another impedtimenet to worry free pistol ownership. Is anything really gonna change for the better for us in ny. ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I keep seeing/hearing about how this will soon change. What about the 6month background ck here in nass. any chance that's gonna change for the better. I'm still dumbfounded on a daily basis, that I can purchase as many rifle shotguns/rifles as I like subject to fbi ck, but can't buy a pistol without the unconstitutional background ck/wait. Not to mention the cost of obtaining the license ; another impedtimenet to worry free pistol ownership. Is anything really gonna change for the better for us in ny. ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts