Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few days ago I found out that a very dear friend has passed away he was a man that stood tall in my eyes . I meet him when i was ten and he was the kinda of man who talked to you as a person not a child and i thought he was the coolest guy I ever meet he road a motorcycle and was a New York police officer and he would sit and talk to me for hours about what ever I wanted to talk about no other adult did that. As i got older we remained friends and when i meet the women to be my wife i took her over to meet him I have not seen or talked to Bob in some years but when i found out about his passing it was like every thing we did and talked about came right back to me I will miss my good friend Bob very much he was my mentor my friend a man i could all ways look up to a man who I enjoyed just siting in a garage as a ten year boy and talking to himJust a few days ago I found out that a very dear friend has passed away he was a man that stood tall in my eyes . I meet him when i was ten and he was the kinda of man who talked to you as a person not a child and i thought he was the coolest guy I ever meet he road a motorcycle and was a New York police officer and he would sit and talk to me for hours about what ever I wanted to talk about no other adult did that. As i got older we remained friends and when i meet the women to be my wife i took her over to meet him I have not seen or talked to Bob in some years but when i found out about his passing it was like every thing we did and talked about came right back to me I will miss my good friend Bob very much he was my mentor my friend a man i could all ways look up to a man who I enjoyed just siting in a garage as a ten year boy and talking to him

Reactions: shamuscull

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss

As we get older, I think you you begin to realize that you have to hold the people close to you tighter.

·
Still working on a screen name
6,619 Posts
Sorry for your loss Bill, My condolences.

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
Life is strange...

The older I get, the more I look at the blessing, gain and privilege of knowing people close to me than the "loss" of losing them.

It doesn't make it easier but does make me thankful.

PaPaBear, as we go on, this happens more often. We become the the eldest influence in those around us and assume the role that those patriarchs played in our lives.

One day, it will be our turn but I have faith that we will be reunited with those patriarchs who daily hold such a dear part in our hearts.

Here's the strange part, to some extent, a part of me is already there.

R.I.P. Bob and prayers inbound for you.

Reactions: fsfty
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.