Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would be the best place to go shooting tomorrow early, pistol? I got to shoot at peconic river last weekend and now I'm spoiled, will brookhaven be jam packed if i get there when they open?

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,857 Posts
From the title, I thought you wondering what to shoot tomorrow. I was going to say apparently Lions are out, but Giraffes are always on the most hated list around here.

But seriously, I don't know about Brookhaven. If hitting Calverton there is almost always room on the pistol line. It doesn't matter how long the line is out front or how late you get there. The rifle and .22/shotgun line are a different story. You usually need to be there 30-60 minutes before gate opens to get a spot.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
I believe Brookhaven is open Wednesday through Sunday, so you're GTG.
Calvertoontown is open as well.

You're post sounds like you haven't been to either.
Brookhaven is covered and the bench is in good shape.
RO over your shoulder until they see you're not a hazard.

Calverton is in the open. If you like the hot sun, that's your venue.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Where would be the best place to go shooting tomorrow early, pistol? I got to shoot at peconic river last weekend and now I'm spoiled, will brookhaven be jam packed if i get there when they open?
I'll be at Brookhaven at opening shooting pistol. (I think.) I have a somewhat new to me Colt Trooper MK III that is begging for some range time.

Even if it's jam packed, still better than not being at the range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.