Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know how to go about composing a thread like this, but like many of you on here I have a burning passion for firearms as well as the proper safe handling for such. I currently can't own a firearm due to living at home with a VERY anti-firearm mother, however I do have hands on experience with many different calibers and actions. I am constantly searching for ways to further my knowledge and experience with firearms, as most of my free time is spent researching firearms (anything from history to ballistic performance and anything inbetween) and trying to get friends to go to the range. Mainly what I am getting at is I'm looking for anyone who is looking for someone who is dilligent and hard working, looking to work in the firearms field. As I am still very "green" in many aspects, I'd gladly work as an aprentice for a time, more or less interning until seen fit. If anyone is willing to teach I am more than willing to learn.

Edit: I am 22 for what it's worth.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Try typing out a resume and letter of introduction. Then, mail, fax, and e-mail them to gun shops within your vicinity. and send out another set 2 weeks later. And again & again if necessary. Send your resume to manufacturers like LRB, Orion, and Rohrbaugh as well. Hell, send it to Colt, Kimber, S&W, Glock and all the others as well. Don't forget ammo, accessory, and holster company's. Who knows who needs a local sales rep that they're willing to train. If you're a go-getter and self starter, someone will be noticing and calling.

In the mean time, start working just as diligently on Mom. Present a fair, statistical analysis. Ask her to accompany you to the range. Make a deal to take on extra chores if necessary. Bring her to Freeport one Sunday and see how the R/O's interact with the children. Talk to her about it. Don't push it, but get a gun into her hands.

Good luck to you.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Oh, and don't forget the local ranges.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
My mom was Irish, I could have told her the sky was red and she would fight to the death to support my sky is red theory.  She was the type that if I did the most onerous thing, she still loved me to death, it's unfortunate she is not with us anymore.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I make no claims as to quality or acceptance of a certificate from the link below as you will have to do your own research I however seen this add in American Rifleman. This place offers a distance learning gunsmith training and seems to be properly accredited. Perhaps getting a certificate from somewhere like this will help you move foward. Ive considered taking the course just to learn the art. Good luck!

http://www.pennfoster.edu/gunsmith/index.html?semkey=Q192630&gclid=CIuh-v-t-q4CFQMRNAodLisiwQ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.